Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  "SendTo" feature; who is using it and why?

Posted Dec 10, 2019 05:17 PM
    Edited by Pete Wirfs Dec 10, 2019 06:00 PM
    The ability to configure our own "SendTo" solutions looks cool.  But I'm trying to figure out what a good use-case for it might be?  The documentation suggests a VARA2CSV solution, but we don't need that.

Does anyone have a SendTo solution that knocked it out of the park for your customers?  What was your use-case?

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ALL/components/DOCU/12.3/Automic%20Automation%20Guides/help.htm#AWA/Variables/UC_SENDTO_UC_SENTTO_ACT.htm

UC_SENDTO
    UC_SENDTO_ACT

------------------------------
    Pete

• 2.  RE: "SendTo" feature; who is using it and why?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 11, 2019 12:26 AM
    Hi Pete,

I am glad that I have probably aroused your interest in SENDTO and SENDTO_ACT. :-)

We have three use-cases for SENDTO_ACT:
    • Incident creation: Users can create an incident with a click on an blocked workflow / job, which receives all important information, including the report.
    • Task Monitor: Users can "send" a task to a monitor. When the task ends, the user receives a notification via a notification object.
    • Send report: In older Automic versions, the UI did not have access to the report of running jobs. Using the SendTo function, users can have the report sent to them by e-mail.
    Also we have two use-cases for SENDTO:
    • PromptSet to edit variables: We have received several objects from Automic for one project. The configuration is kept in different identically structured varas. To make it easier to edit these varas, you can send them to a PromptSet.
    • Duplicate objects: I wrote a function to duplicate these varas using SendTo. This goes beyond the normal duplication, since different values within the variables are adjusted at the same time depending on the new name.
    Our users are particularly happy with the "Incident creation" function.

Best regards,
    Tim

Automation Evangelist
    Fiducia & GAD IT AG
    ---
    Mitglied des deutschsprachigen Automic-Anwendervereins FOKUS e.V.
    Member of the German speaking Automic user association FOKUS e.V.

• 3.  RE: "SendTo" feature; who is using it and why?

Posted Dec 11, 2019 03:31 AM
    Hi @Pete Wirfs,

We use the UC_SENDTO_ACT to execute a script that sets the status of a task to "ENDED_OK - ended normally" so the Workflow can continue​.
    And we use the UC_SENTO to export Workflows into a PDF via Omniview.

/Keld.

• 4.  RE: "SendTo" feature; who is using it and why?

Posted Dec 11, 2019 04:40 AM
    Hello @Pete Wirfs,

we use "SENDTO"
    - to mark objects which should be exported and transferred to another AE-System for import
    - to mark objects which should be exported an deleted from the AE-System to keep the system clean

@Tim Quakulinsky

Your usage of sendto_act to create an incident with a click on a blocked workflow sounds very interesting, but in "Process Monitoring" or "Process Assembly -> Executions" I have no "Send To" with a right-click. Could you tell me how you did implemented this call?

Best regards
    Bernhard

Landeshauptstadt München

• 5.  RE: "SendTo" feature; who is using it and why?

Posted Dec 12, 2019 03:30 AM
    @Tim Quakulinsky

Hi Tim,

now I got the light on the end of the tunnel... :)

UC_SENDTO is for Process Assembly
    UC_SENDTO_ACT is for Process Monitoring

Landeshauptstadt München