Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to create Agent Object

• 1.  How to create Agent Object

Posted Mar 27, 2020 10:26 AM
    Hi

i'm having trouble running an RA agent for Informatica on a new install of 12.3, the error in the log file is detailed bellow;

"c​annot continue because Agent 'Informatica' does not exist in client zero. Please create the Agent object before starting the Agent."

The installation guide on this doesn't appear to have the steps needed to do this (i may have missed something) but it only says to run the setup .exe then load the Informatica .jar File into the Database

does anyone have a step by step process of how to register RA agents, using windows only install with a MS SQL database

thanks

• 2.  RE: How to create Agent Object
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 27, 2020 11:16 AM
    Hi

For all RA agents: you need to login and create the agent object in Clt0 manually. (name must be the same as in INI file of the core)
    AFTER you loaded the solution via DB.load utility.

The detailed description usually is in solution manual, not in core installation manual.

cheers, Wolfgang

------------------------------
    Support Info:
    if you are using one of the latest version of UC4 / AWA / One Automation please get in contact with Support to open a ticket.
    Otherwise update/upgrade your system and check if the problem still exists.

• 3.  RE: How to create Agent Object

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2020 03:28 AM
    Hi @Michael Robson
    The details are in the Informatica_5.2_AGENT_GUIDE_AWI_en.pdf in your downloaded zip file.

Starting the Informatica Agent

The Informatica Agent only starts if an Agent object of the same name exists in system client 0000. A template for the Agent objects is stored in the TEMPLATE folder.

​cheers
    David

Senior Product Line Manager - Automation
    CA Technologies, A Broadcom Company

• 4.  RE: How to create Agent Object

Posted Mar 30, 2020 10:37 AM
    Thanks Frank and David, I've got the Informatica RA agent working, the documentation could be a little friendlier for those with limited or no UC4/Automic Automation experience in that it doesn't walk you through the steps in the web gui to add the RA agent. 

For the benefit of those in this position click + in the menu bar select Process Assembly > select Add Object then Agent, INFORMATICAAGENT Agent then ADD.  Enter the agent name and then enter all of the details as they are in your ini file and the location of your Informatica installation in the PMREP and PMCMD Directory field.  Once you've done this restart the service manager on the agent server and you're good

Again appreciate the help and speed of you're replies guys

M

• 5.  RE: How to create Agent Object

Posted Mar 31, 2020 03:32 AM
    welcome :-)

for those with limited or no UC4/Automic Automation experience..
    => those should not fumble around in (PROD) Automation Engine without a bunch of trainings :-)

cheers, Wolfgang

Support Info:
    if you are using one of the latest version of UC4 / AWA / One Automation please get in contact with Support to open a ticket.
    Otherwise update/upgrade your system and check if the problem still exists.

• 6.  RE: How to create Agent Object

Posted Mar 31, 2020 05:41 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz Mar 31, 2020 05:41 AM
    those should not fumble around in (PROD) Automation Engine without a bunch of trainings :-)

True. But that's what you get when Sales sells a product as "easy as pie, stable as rock, almighty as Chuck Norris and mature as ... well ... Chuck Norris".

To be fair, this isn't just an Automic problem, but it's still a problem nonetheless.

These contain very good advise on asking questions and describing supposed bugs (no, you do not need to go to StackExchange for Automic questions, but yes, the parts on asking detailed, useful questions ARE usually relevant):

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

I will not respond to PM asking for help unless there's an actual reason to keep the discussion off of the public forums.

• 7.  RE: How to create Agent Object

Posted Feb 10, 2023 07:21 PM
    Edited by Kenneth Hutchins Feb 13, 2023 10:28 AM

I am having a similar issue. 

0230210/191803.930 - U00011610 Cannot continue because Agent 'I manually added the IA Agent' does not exist in client zero. Please create the Agent object before starting the Agent.
    20230210/191803.930 - U02000041 Shutdown Agent '     '.

Does the RA Agent need to run on the AE? 

Is the correct agent type to manually add the IA Agent? or am I missing an agent type? 

• 8.  RE: How to create Agent Object

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2023 11:04 AM

Please have a look at my cheat sheet (for Windows):

1. Create a directory and unzip/copy the RA framework and the solutions files
      xcopy \Automation.Platform\Agents\rapidautomation\Core\windows\x86\* C:\Automic\MyAgent\bin\ /s
    2. When required add vendor specific files to the directory
    3. Load the solution file into the AE by using DBLoad utility or the REST-endpoint
      e.g. java -jar "C:\Automic\Automation.Platform\Utility\bin\ucybdbld.jar" -B -EReplace -X"C:\Automic\MyAgent\bin\InformaticaAgent_solution.jar
    4. Login to client 0 and create an object based the proper Agent's template
      *) Switch to Process Assembly
      *) open <No Folder> and create the Agent-object by clicking "Add Object"-button
      *) select the proper template under the branch "Agent (AGENT)"
      *) name the object properly  (e.g. InformaticaAgent)
    5. Update Agent's configuration file (ucxjcitx.ini)
      *) Use the same name of the just created object to set the Agent's name in the Agent's ini-file (section Global, Variable name)  
      *) Set the connection string for the AE-connection (section TCP/IP, variable connection)
      *) When required set the folder for the certificates for the AE-connection (section Authorization, Variable trustedCertFolder)
      *) Adjust values for log-files (section Global, Variable logging) 
      *) Adjust values for trace-files (section Trace, Variable file)
    6. create a directory for log- and trace-files
      e.g. md C:\Automic\MyAgent\temp
    7. create proper entry in Service Manager
      java -jar C:\Automic\MyAgent\bin\ucxjcitx.jar

Michael

• 9.  RE: How to create Agent Object

Posted Feb 13, 2023 12:47 PM

I do not see the InformaticaAgent_Solution.jar? I am using Automic 12.3.3. 

• 10.  RE: How to create Agent Object

Posted Feb 13, 2023 01:13 PM
    Edited by Kenneth Hutchins Feb 13, 2023 01:18 PM

I was able to import the FtpAgent_solution.jar file. So now the agent connects however I am missing something with the FTP.JOB Object. I dont see the section for FTP under General as show in the manual. 

Here is what I see: 

Here is what I see in the manual. 

I am I missing something?

• 11.  RE: How to create Agent Object

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2023 11:04 AM

Hi @Kenneth Hutchins 

the Informatica specific part must be downloaded from the Automic Download Center (https://downloads.automic.com/jart/prj3/dlc/main.jart?rel=en&reserve-mode=active&content-id=1426247848003&action=get&release_delivery_id=1650890144996)

• Downloads -> Component Downloads 
    • Component: RA Informatica
    • Version: 5.3
    • Sub-Component: all

https://downloads.automic.com/downloads/advanced_mode?selected_tab=id_search-result-files&lifecycle_entity_id=1409731986378&major_version_id=1610692148397%2C1627279890853&component_id=1409731986814&search=

After downloading you must unzip the file (e.g. RA.Informatica_RA.Informatica.Solution_5_3_1+build.1652359134648.zip) and use Automic's tool DBLoad (ucybdbld.bat or ucybdbldg.exe) to load the proper data into the database by selecting the file InformaticaAgent_solution.jar. 

After that you have to login to client 0 and create in Process Assembly an object based on the template (AGENT -> INFORMATICAAGENT Agent)

In addition to that you need the proper binaries (such as pmrep.exe, PmCmd.exe) from Informatica. Copy the files (incl. folders) to a folder where the Agent has access to (e.g. C:\Automic\myAgent\InformaticaBin). This directory must be specified during Agent's configuration in AWI. Otherwise the Agent will not start.

In the Agent's configuration file you have to set the name and the connection to the AE properly:

[GLOBAL]

name=Agent-Informatica

[TCP/IP]

cp=myAEServer.local:2217

You also have to set the client access rights for the Agent in client 0

And set the path to the Informatica binaries

Hope this helps to setup the Informatica Agent

Michael