Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  AWA - Support for MariaDB server or MongoDB

Posted Oct 22, 2019 11:03 AM
    Hi All,

Wondering if anyone is using MariaDB or MongoDB with AWA, or if it's a supported technology. I checked the compatibility matrix and they are not listed. Wanted to know if it's being used at all and if there is planned support for either one?

Regards,
    Balbino

• 2.  RE: AWA - Support for MariaDB server or MongoDB

Posted Oct 25, 2019 03:09 AM
    Hello Balbino,

could you please specify what you would like to use MariaDB or MongoDB for?

As a database for the Automation Engine? Here I don't think these DBs are supported in the short or medium term. Automic has only recently implemented support for PostgreSQL.

Or do you want to address the DBs via an SQL agent? This could at least work for MariaDB, although I haven't tested it myself yet.

Kind regards,
    Tim

------------------------------
    Automation Evangelist
    Fiducia & GAD IT AG
    ---
    Mitglied des deutschsprachigen Automic-Anwendervereins FOKUS e.V.
    Member of the German speaking Automic user association FOKUS e.V.

• 3.  RE: AWA - Support for MariaDB server or MongoDB

Posted Oct 28, 2019 09:23 AM

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the response. The question was regarding MariaDB/MongoDB hosting the AE database. I saw on the support site that it wasn't currently supported but wanted to check if anyone has heard anything regarding support in the near future. This brings up another question, we have development testing a few APPs on multiple containers using micro services. So there may be multiple containers on the same VM. How would the AWA agent connection work to those containers. Typically we have one agent installed on the VM, how would we connect/execute a job for an app that is running inside a container? Curious to know if anyone is doing this and executing from AWA

Regards,
    Balbino

• 4.  RE: AWA - Support for MariaDB server or MongoDB
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 29, 2019 01:45 AM
    When running a container solution, you usually have a CLI client that allows you to execute scripts "inside" the container.

Using docker as containerization solution, you might use:
    docker exec container /bin/hello_world.sh

I do not know, however, if the returncode is properly returned. You might do some tests first.

Swisscom & WorkflowCommander