Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  after Upgrade to 12.3.0 critical DB Calls on Table OH

Posted Oct 16, 2019 03:15 PM

Dear All,

we upgraded our UC4 System from 11.2 to 12.3 (Oracle 12.1). Now we have a lot of Critical DB Calls in the Table "OH" on the CP Processes (also in WP Processes) and also ORA-00060.

With Automic11.2 we had also sometimes this problem with Crtitcal DB Calls or ORA-00060, after the Upgrade now we have it everytime.

Example CP LOG

35 U00003525 UCUDB: ===> 'SELECT OH_Idnr, OH_Client, OH_OType, COALESCE(OH_ModDate, OH_CrDate) AS OH_ModDate , OFS_ModDate FROM OH left join OFS ON OH_Idnr = ofs_oh_idnr_o WHERE OH_DELETEFLAG = 0 AND (OH_ModDate > ? OR OH_CrDate > ? OR OFS_ModDate > ?)'
    20191016/202444.799 - 36 U00003524 UCUDB: ===> Time critical DB call! OPC: 'SLCT' time: '2025ms'

Somebody have a Solution for this Problem? (Tomorrow I will try to Rebuild the Indexes from OH online)

Thanks

Peter

• 2.  RE: after Upgrade to 12.3.0 critical DB Calls on Table OH

Posted Oct 17, 2019 09:57 AM
    We have recently upgraded our development environment from 11.2.7 to 12.3 HF1 on Oracle 12.2.  We have not experienced what your are describing.  There have been some other errors but none like yours.  Have you opened a case with Broadcom/CA/Automic yet?  I would do that while you are waiting to hear from the community.

------------------------------
    Cheers,

Gary Chismar
    Manager, Automic, PeopleSoft HCM/FI
    Florida State University
    Florida

• 3.  RE: after Upgrade to 12.3.0 critical DB Calls on Table OH

Posted Oct 17, 2019 11:23 AM
    Hi Gary,

thanks for your answer! These problems we don't have on the Test Environment :-( A Call I open last Weekend and wait for a answer :-(

kind regards
    peter

• 4.  RE: after Upgrade to 12.3.0 critical DB Calls on Table OH
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 22, 2019 01:04 AM
    Hi Peter,

we plan to migrate from version 11.2 in Q1/2020 and we are actually testing version 12.3. So far we could not observe the problems described by you.

At the SQL statement I notice that beside the OH also the OFS table is queried, in which information about the folders are located. According to the documentation the column OFS_ModDate is used for the Lucene search index used by the Advanced Search.

Did you try to rebuild the indexes from OH and OFS tables in the meantime?

Best regards,
    Tim

Automation Evangelist
    Fiducia & GAD IT AG
    ---
    Mitglied des deutschsprachigen Automic-Anwendervereins FOKUS e.V.
    Member of the German speaking Automic user association FOKUS e.V.

• 5.  RE: after Upgrade to 12.3.0 critical DB Calls on Table OH

Posted Oct 22, 2019 05:07 AM

Hi Tim,

I rebuild the Indexes and now I have almost no problems anymore - at the moment it's working fine for me.

Kind Regards

Peter

• 6.  RE: after Upgrade to 12.3.0 critical DB Calls on Table OH

Posted Oct 23, 2019 04:52 PM

Hi Peter,

as you are using Oracle you should gather statistics on some tables regularly as recommended. Especially after reorgs and loads of large transport cases or client deletes or copies. Look out for stale statistics. Involve your DBAs.

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AA/12.3/DOCU/12.3/Automic%20Automation%20Guides/help.htm#AWA/Admin/admin_Oracle.htm#link4

Regards
    Siegfried

Senior Consultant
    setis GmbH