Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How to get a new license file

Posted Nov 15, 2019 11:59 AM
    Hi there, has anyone been able to successfully get an actual person in CA/Broadcom to talk to them? We've been trying for 6 months to get a new license file as our current one contains duplicate entries & no one will engage with us on a direct level. It's an appalling indictment on customer service. If anyone knows any actual people in the organisation who are willing to help their customers face to face, I'd love to hear from them.
    Thanks,
    Catherine

• 2.  RE: How to get a new license file

Posted Nov 15, 2019 12:33 PM
    ​Hi Catherine,

I'm not at Broadcom any longer, but I used to work in Support. You can find the contact information on this page:

https://www.broadcom.com/support/services-support/ca-support/contact-support?intcmp=footernav

You'll want to dial the 800 number (for the US, it's 800-225-5224) then listen for option 3. This should take you to Customer Care/Licensing (different than Support), where you *should* be able to reach someone directly about your issue. Since the acquisition there were a couple of changes and, unfortunately, Support doesn't provide licenses any longer.

Hope this helps.

------------------------------
    [Sr. Systems Engineer]
    [BECU]

• 3.  RE: How to get a new license file

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2019 01:21 AM
    Happy to help Catherine. Please send me your contact details privately and I will check with the relevant contacts who could help

Thx

Ralf Paschen
    Head of Product Marketing

• 4.  RE: How to get a new license file

Posted Nov 18, 2019 03:45 AM
    ​Hi @Catherine Cody,

For which product is this? If it's Automic Automation Engine (as threads in this forum usually are), they've done away with the license files in 12.1.x (IIRC) and onward. They reserve the right to audit and may contractually ask you to send license metrics or enable their new "telemetry" function. But they don't issue license files any longer ever since they took away the "license overview" in the admin view. Simultaneously, their components now won't bail on startup due to missing licenses (though nevertheless you do, of course, need valid licensing for contractual reasons).

At this time, all they send when you purchase new licenses is an (oftentimes rather confusing) pdf document.

As for your original question: Yes, at times. But literal and not at all figurative 99% of the times, in my humble opinion, it's totally been battling windmills for us.

Best,
    Carsten

• 5.  RE: How to get a new license file

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 18, 2019 04:03 AM
    Hi Carsten,
    just for the sake of clarity - The requirement for a License Key based on customer contracted entitlement was removed from the products in V12.2.2

David

Senior Product Line Manager - Automation
    CA Technologies, A Broadcom Company

• 6.  RE: How to get a new license file
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 18, 2019 03:08 PM
    Hi @Catherine Cody,

Here are the ways customers may request a license key and follow up the communication if there are issues.

1. Online using Customer Care Webform

2. Log a case through your Support Online Account.

3. By Phone (NA only) 1-800-225-5224

- All other countries, please see Global Directory

Can I ask if you tried some or all of these methods.

We have migrated some of our internal systems, so the new processes are being communicated. 

David

Senior Product Line Manager - Automation
    CA Technologies, A Broadcom Company