Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all
  • 1.  JAVA Support

Posted Nov 15, 2019 02:19 PM

​Hello Everyone,
    Happy Friday to everyone. Just joined today and wanted post this in hopes of somebody can provide some suggestions for a couple of things we are experiencing with Automic " Workload Automation Suite/ Applications Manger.

Automic Release: v9.2.1_28679_28815  Build: 28815

* Users on Windows 10 PC's that are running JAVA 1.8.0_162 and are unable to make connection to the "Applications Manager Client" thru the downloaded "Client.jnlp" using chrome or firefox. It appears only JAVA 1.8.0_161 will reliably make a connection. Given the latest release available for JAVA client is  1.8.0_231. Does anyone know what is the stated/latest current JAVA compatibility for this product given it's reliance on this to function?

* We often see this "RmiServerError and have not been able to pin down what causes this and if it can be safely ignored?
    This message is generated approximately every 6-8 minutes. I may need to submit a ticket on this particular one.
    Suggestions?

ErrorMsg: AwE-5102 Agent error (11/15/19 11:09 AM)
    Details: no cipher suites in common
    4f808e0a[SSL_NULL_WITH_NULL_NULL: Socket[addr=/10.69.1.12,port=6004,localport=1099]]

About details:
    Butler Community College    #2052805
    Release: v9.2.1_28679_28815  Build: 28815 Fri Dec 22 13:36:42 PST 2017
    VM Memory: 20.4 of 39.6 MB used,     19.2 MB free
    Workstation Java VM: Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_161
    Server Java VM: Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_111
    Workstation: 201EAPS-3NZKSD2 (201EAPS-3NZKSD2/10.101.1.3)
    Remote host: automic.xxxx.xxx (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
    RMI Port: 1099
    Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
    With the Partitioning, OLAP, Advanced Analytics and Real Application Testing options
    Oracle JDBC driver 12.1.0.2.0

Thanks in Advance,
    Darrin C.

• 2.  RE: JAVA Support

Posted Nov 18, 2019 03:54 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz Nov 18, 2019 03:54 AM
    ​Hi.

Automic V9 has left the supported state a long time ago, and so did 10.x, and 11.2 is on it's way out. The current releases (12.x, bleeding edge is 12.3.x) have a web client and done away with the Java client entirely.

You may want to look into researching and possibly installing (or uninstalling?) the Java crypto extensions, since it appears your Java has issues with cipher suites. This might be an avenue to pursue. But apart from that, not that many people are on 9.x, and Automic will not support any issues with the Java client anymore whatsoever.

For reasons of support in general, I also strongly suggest to update to the current release.

Sorry to have no better news.

Best,
    Carsten

------------------------------
    I will not respond to PM asking for help unless there's an actual reason to keep the discussion off of the public forums.

• 3.  RE: JAVA Support

Posted Nov 19, 2019 03:28 AM
    Hi

this is regarding Applications Manager a.k.a. Appworx - the little stepbrother of Automation Engine :-P

=> there is an own forum for appworx, unfortunately here noone will be able to help, this is AWA or Automation Engine or one automation or operations manager forum...

cheers, Wolfgang

Support Info:
    if you are using one of the latest version of UC4 / AWA / One Automation please get in contact with Support to open a ticket.
    Otherwise update/upgrade your system and check if the problem still exists.

• 4.  RE: JAVA Support

Posted Nov 19, 2019 03:57 AM
    ​Hi @Frank Muffke,

Mea culpa - I though Applications Manager is an old name for Automation Engine?​

This is very confusing. We only ever bought AE, and our invoices always include an "Application Manager" and CA/Broadcom always told us that's an "entry for organisational reasons only that we must not be concerned with".

Their naming scheme is so very confusing ...

• 5.  RE: JAVA Support

Posted Nov 19, 2019 04:01 AM
    No worries - I wanted to clearify that as there are often are misunderstandings.

Especially Customers of both products call their Product "UC4" :-)

cheers, Wolfgang

Support Info:
    if you are using one of the latest version of UC4 / AWA / One Automation please get in contact with Support to open a ticket.

• 6.  RE: JAVA Support

Posted Nov 19, 2019 04:22 AM
    ​I'm still confused :(

I really want Broadcom to publish a diagram of all their inherited CA/Automic products - including all names, former and current, and as a bonus the associated community forum URL.

• 7.  RE: JAVA Support

Posted Nov 19, 2019 04:31 AM
    Please follow the link to the official ideation site to post your requests:  https://www.xmasclock.com/

I am sure it will be processed with Priority 1

Support Info:

• 8.  RE: JAVA Support

Posted Nov 19, 2019 04:48 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz Nov 19, 2019 04:48 AM
    Nice touch with the link!

But sadly I don't believe in C​hristmas. I think the Doomsday Clock is more fitting. After all, it's curated by the Federation of Automic Scientists.

(Google: Did you mean "Atomic Scientists"?
    me: shut up, Google!)

;)

I will not respond to PM asking for help unless there's an actual reason to keep the discussion off of the public forums.

• 9.  RE: JAVA Support

Community Manager
    Posted Nov 19, 2019 09:54 AM
    Hello All,

I'll move this to the Automic Community in hopes that someone can answer it there.

Thanks
    Diane

Diane Craddock
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 10.  RE: JAVA Support

Posted Nov 19, 2019 09:59 AM
    ​Huh?

I am very confused now. Not only has this been answered, but ... hasn't it been in the Automic community all along? *wonder*

• 11.  RE: JAVA Support
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 21, 2019 01:39 PM
    Edited by Diane Craddock Nov 26, 2019 11:40 AM

Hello Darrin,

Cipher Suites are a set of SSL/TLS algorithms that Java uses to secure a connection. With newer versions of Java being released, more secure algorithms are introduced while older algorithms may be disabled. When you open the Applications Manager client to connect to the master, client side Java will communicate to server side Java (java used by the master) and negotiate a common algorithm to be used to authenticate and secure the connect. 

A "no cipher suites in common" error indicates that during the negotiation or handshake process, no common algorithms were found between Java 8 update 162 that is installed on the client PC and Java 8 update 111 installed on the master. This is likely due to Java 8 update 162 disabling one or more algorithms which is still being used on Java 8 update 111. The first step resolving this issue is to make sure that client and server Java version match, meaning you may need to upgrade your Java on the master to Java 8 update 162. This should likely resolve your client issue.

Below is the current Java compatibility
    What Java versions are supported by Applications Manager?

Note that compatibility matrix simply list the major versions of Java which means all minor versions within each major version is included. If there is an issue, it is likely due to Java versions between the Master, Remote Agent, and Client PC being too far apart so matching Java versions is important.

There is an issue with Java 8 update 201 and above which either requires you to upgrade to Applications Manager version 9.3 or use a workaround. See below KE:
    Applications Manager connection error after installing or upgrading to Java 1.8.0_201

Regards,
    Phearith Mao