Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

AWI 12.3: Find actual Object Name when alias is used in Workflow Editor

• 1.  AWI 12.3: Find actual Object Name when alias is used in Workflow Editor

Posted Oct 10, 2019 08:06 AM
    Hi all,

I was wondering If there is a (new) method to find the actual Object Name when an alias is used in Workflow Editor.

Example:
    Except opening Last Report or Executions I did not find any possibility to see the Object's name.

In old JAVA UI there was the details window that showed its actual Name

Do you have any hints?

THX
    Wolfgang

------------------------------
    I know I do really NOT know it!

• 2.  RE: AWI 12.3: Find actual Object Name when alias is used in Workflow Editor

Posted Oct 11, 2019 08:52 AM
    Hi Wolfgang,

yes missing this too. There is no details button in maintainance mode of a workflow or schedule object, where you see the real object name. I was expecting this come with 12.3. as you also do not see this in the properties view. 

Hope this helps,
    Franz

Managing Consultant Enterprise Studio
    HCL Technologies Austria GmbH

• 3.  RE: AWI 12.3: Find actual Object Name when alias is used in Workflow Editor

Posted Oct 11, 2019 11:15 AM
    Edited by Frank Muffke Oct 11, 2019 11:15 AM
    Hu Franz,

THX for confirmation. Opened a Support call meanwhile.
    Lets see what they respond.
    next week.
    in a month.
    Q2 2020.
    until Release of V19.3
    till I retire.

:-P

cheers, Wolfgang

I know I do really know it!

• 4.  RE: AWI 12.3: Find actual Object Name when alias is used in Workflow Editor

Posted Oct 14, 2019 01:38 AM
    It'll be their christmas gift for you to tell you that this is not a bug but normal behavior. Then they'll suggest to make an enhancement request.

I miss the original object name in a workflow when an alias was used, too.

Regards, Nicole

• 5.  RE: AWI 12.3: Find actual Object Name when alias is used in Workflow Editor

Posted Oct 14, 2019 03:56 AM
    I created Santas Wishlist for this issue :-)

https://community.broadcom.com/participate/ideation-home/viewidea?IdeationKey=7ce82938-703c-4c41-a60d-7b6865ea8cf9

cheers, Wolfgang

• 6.  RE: AWI 12.3: Find actual Object Name when alias is used in Workflow Editor

Posted Oct 21, 2019 03:07 AM
    Hi all

I got a response from Support, this behavior can be changed in AW config fiIe:  configuration.properties

• 7.  RE: AWI 12.3: Find actual Object Name when alias is used in Workflow Editor

Posted Oct 22, 2019 02:43 AM

Can we apply this property for V12.2.2 as well ? 

property : 
    wfDisplaySettings=TITLE,NAME
    OR
    wfDisplaySettings=NAME,TITLE

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AWA/12.2/DOCU/12.2/AWA%20Guides/help.htm#Installation_Manual/AWI/AWI_config_configuration_properties.htm%3FTocPath%3DInstalling%7CManual%2520Installation%7CInstalling%2520the%2520Automic%2520Web%2520Interface%7CConfiguring%2520Automic%2520Web%2520Interface%7C_____2

Regards,
    Prosenjit

• 8.  RE: AWI 12.3: Find actual Object Name when alias is used in Workflow Editor
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 22, 2019 03:00 AM
    Dear Prosenjit,

yes, you can. I actually have version 12.2.2 installed and it works as in the documentation described.

The settings do not work as I need, though. I want the name of the object to be displayed first. I don't care so much for the alias, but if it is displayed first, that's fine as long as the name is displayed in the second row. But with my settings (NAME, TITLE), the name is not displayed at all when an alias is used - we always fill in the title of the object with a short description of it's function. I guess, this is not intended by automic.

Regards, Nicole

Regards, Nicole

• 9.  RE: AWI 12.3: Find actual Object Name when alias is used in Workflow Editor

Posted Oct 31, 2019 05:52 AM
    Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your clear notes.
    We have not defined any parameter for wfDisplaySettings. here is the view if my process flow. The task Name NOT at all visible. Current view is of no use of me. Would be able to suggest any workaround ? Otherwise we need to knock Automic to make it happen in next release :( .

Work Flow View with Alias Name

Regards,
    Prosenjit

• 10.  RE: AWI 12.3: Find actual Object Name when alias is used in Workflow Editor

Posted Oct 31, 2019 02:06 PM
    This is not the only problem as in the historical information aka old "Statistics" the object is referenced using the Alias name instead of the object name. So if someone find funny to define dynamically some aliases, you may never be able to track historical information of an object.

Simple solution for development : add an Alias column in the display and an Alias field search option, not as default, to the parameters of the Process Monitor.

Regards.

Alain