Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  AWI: Restrict the connection color

Posted Jul 10, 2020 04:16 AM
    We would like to restrict not just the main color but also the session color of each AWI system. The reason is to associate a particular color with a particular AWI environment (DEV, TEST, PROD).

It is possible to define just one value in the session.colors property in colors.properties, but by default when a user first uses the AWI, No color is chosen. I would like to find a way to limit the choice to just one specific color.

1. Is there a way to disable the No color option?

2. Alternatively, is there a URL parameter to set the connection color? (I've tried color, connectioncolor, and sessioncolor. None of these worked. The last-used session color is however stored in a browser cookie.)

• 2.  RE: AWI: Restrict the connection color

Posted Jul 13, 2020 05:44 AM
    Is this of help?
    C:\Automic\UserInterface\bin\uc4Config.xml. The colours section. I'm English I can't bear to spell colour incorrectly.
    -<colors>
      <color r="255" g="0" b="0"/>
      <color r="0" g="255" b="0"/>
      <color r="42" g="152" b="255"/>
      <color r="255" g="255" b="0"/>
      <color r="241" g="178" b="14"/>
      <color r="255" g="0" b="255"/>
      <color r="255" g="255" b="255"/>
      <color r="170" g="140" b="149"/>
    </colors>

• 3.  RE: AWI: Restrict the connection color

Posted Jul 13, 2020 05:50 AM
    Edited by Michael A. Lowry Jul 13, 2020 06:35 AM
    Thanks, but the colors element of the uc4config.xml file is specific to the Java User Interface.

I'm working with the Automic Web Interface, whose uc4config.xml file lacks the colors element.

• 4.  RE: AWI: Restrict the connection color

Posted Jul 13, 2020 06:02 AM
    > I'm English I can't bear to spell colour incorrectly.

Fair point.

Also, Worchester rhymes with Rooster. Wouldn't want it any other way ;)

• 5.  RE: AWI: Restrict the connection color

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2020 12:56 PM

I had to do some hunting around for this before, and as far as I was able to find there is no method to disable no color or to have the URL set to it; far more confident about the no color not being disable-able :)

I think this would have to be an enhancement request. 

• 6.  RE: AWI: Restrict the connection color

Posted Aug 11, 2023 08:12 AM

There's a couple of threads on this.  I'm going to raise another enhancement request for V23 to see if we can default the session colour, department, client number, authentication method inside the configuration.properties file.

About 60% of the requests for help I get are just for the log on screen, especially with SAML on V21.