Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

DB load is failing when upgrading from 12.3.1.hf1 to 12.3.2

• 1.  DB load is failing when upgrading from 12.3.1.hf1 to 12.3.2

Posted Feb 27, 2020 03:54 PM
    Edited by Timothy Yanosko Feb 27, 2020 04:39 PM
    Has anyone seen this before?

When running the dbload utility with input file D:\AUTOMIC\Automation.Platform\db\general\12.3\UC_UPD.TXT  the dbload is failing with the following error:

U00038076 File '..\db\sql_9\12.3\check_privileges.sql not found.   Please copy the necessary files and continue.

In the directory db\sql_9\12.3 the check_privileges.sql file is present.  

Ticket opened with support but figured I'd check with ya'll.

Tim.

• 2.  RE: DB load is failing when upgrading from 12.3.1.hf1 to 12.3.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2020 02:25 AM
    Hi,
    if your Utilities are installed in Automation.Platform\Utilities\bin then ..\db\ expects the db folder to be in Automation.Platform\Utilities\db. Yours is in Automation.Platform\db
    Regards, Markus

• 3.  RE: DB load is failing when upgrading from 12.3.1.hf1 to 12.3.2
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2020 02:27 AM
    I had this issue as well when I tried UC_UPD.TXT from a different drive
    Copy the DB directory from installation set into 'Utility' directory. The directory tree should look like this

<Automic>/Automation.Platform/Utility/bin
    <Automic>/Automation.Platform/Utility/db
    <Automic>/Automation.Platform/Utility/temp

------------------------------
    Sr. Solution Architect
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: DB load is failing when upgrading from 12.3.1.hf1 to 12.3.2

Posted Feb 28, 2020 11:00 AM
    Thanks to Markus and Kay for pointing out the folder structure.  Checked and that was indeed the trouble.  Thanks for the quick replies.

• 5.  RE: DB load is failing when upgrading from 12.3.1.hf1 to 12.3.2

Posted Apr 20, 2020 06:34 AM
    I'm getting the same error even the file check_privileges.sql seems in the right directory.

/opt/Automic/Automation.Platform/Utility/db/postgresql/12.3
    # ls check*
    check_privileges_chngilm.sql check_privileges.sql

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  168 Mar 18 09:32 temp
    drwxr-xr-x 8 root root  172 Apr 19 14:31 db
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 8192 Apr 20 11:25 bin
    # pwd
    /opt/Automic/Automation.Platform/Utility

Regards,
    Achim

Sysadmin
    DB-IS
    Germany

• 6.  RE: DB load is failing when upgrading from 12.3.1.hf1 to 12.3.2

Posted Apr 20, 2020 01:43 PM
      |   view attached
    Output from dbload in Attachment. Still getting the error "check_privileges.sql" not found
    even if available in mentioned Directory.

Sysadmin
    DB-IS
    Germany

• 7.  RE: DB load is failing when upgrading from 12.3.1.hf1 to 12.3.2

Posted Apr 21, 2020 03:16 AM
    ​Achim,

just a hunch, did you toy arround with different working directories?

In Windows, either by launching the thing from cmd.exe, and going to the directory using "cd" beforehand. Or by making a shortcut for the Java thing with "working directory" set accordingly.

I have a, albeit very vague, memory that some Automic tool didn't find it's files if the working directory was wrong. Not sure if db load, but could be.

Hth,

• 8.  RE: DB load is failing when upgrading from 12.3.1.hf1 to 12.3.2

Posted Apr 21, 2020 03:51 AM

Good Morning Carsten,

thanks for reply.

I played around with this db Directory on different locations, but until yet without success.

Will check today some more but it looks strange to me. Can't see any problem if looking at screen output.

My AE is installed on Linux, not Windows. Windows is only used for X11 Window.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind Regards
    Achim

Informationen (einschließlich Pflichtangaben) zu einzelnen, innerhalb der EU tätigen Gesellschaften und Zweigniederlassungen des Konzerns Deutsche Bank finden Sie unter http://www.deutsche-bank.de/de/content/pflichtangaben.htm. Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/ oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for information (including mandatory corporate particulars) on selected Deutsche Bank branches and group companies registered or incorporated in the European Union. This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

• 9.  RE: DB load is failing when upgrading from 12.3.1.hf1 to 12.3.2

Posted Apr 21, 2020 04:24 AM
    Hi Achim,

oh, okay ...

Usually something not finding files that seem to be present is also a good case for strace, but as I said, it's near impossible to use this on a Java program. If you try the same thing with the command line binary, strace may again be used for this.

Double-check permissions for read and possibly writing rights, also on the folders, and maybe copy the whole shebang over to a totally different partition and top directory, like /tmp, to make sure it's not some weird SElinux protection (but now we're digging into the really, really very unlikely ...).

Sorry, that's all I have at this point. Best of luck with it!

Grüße,
    Carsten

• 10.  RE: DB load is failing when upgrading from 12.3.1.hf1 to 12.3.2

Posted Apr 21, 2020 11:25 AM

Hi Carsten,

just for info. Opened a case at Broadcom/CA about this issue.

Let you know the outcome.

Regards,

Achim