Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to duplicate UserGroups without all users duplicating?

Posted Nov 06, 2019 06:18 AM
    Hi,
    Today if I duplicate a UserGroup, all users who are part of the existing UserGroup also become members of the new UserGroup.
    I want to Duplicate and existing UserGroup but don't want any members just yet.

IS this possible?

JOhn.

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to duplicate UserGroups without all users duplicating?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 06, 2019 07:18 AM
    ​I think not. There is just one "Duplicate" function and it duplicates everything, content included. The only exception is passwords in LOGIN objects.

But duplicating it and then deleting the users should do it. Or do you want to do this automatically or otherwise repeatedly? In that case, maybe creating some sort of empty user group as a template might do?

Br,
    Carsten

• 3.  RE: Is it possible to duplicate UserGroups without all users duplicating?

Posted Nov 06, 2019 07:42 AM
    That's what I thought.
    No, this is a once off thing. I have a User group with lots of lines in the Authorization section.
    I want to Duplicate this and make a minor change for some users but not all....

• 4.  RE: Is it possible to duplicate UserGroups without all users duplicating?

Posted Nov 07, 2019 01:10 AM
    You can export as XML, rename the object within the XML and import it again. By making use of WorkflowCommander, Java API or the REST Interface you might automate this as well for many objects.

------------------------------
    Swisscom Automation Engineer & PE Membership Creator

Entfessle mehr Automic Wissen mehr Automic Tools
    https://membership.philippelmer.com/

• 5.  RE: Is it possible to duplicate UserGroups without all users duplicating?

Posted Nov 07, 2019 04:24 AM
    Great idea, thanks...

• 6.  RE: Is it possible to duplicate UserGroups without all users duplicating?

Posted Nov 07, 2019 06:24 AM
    I'm not see an "Export/Import" option for UserGroups and I also can't add to Transport case, at least in AWI.

• 7.  RE: Is it possible to duplicate UserGroups without all users duplicating?

Posted Nov 07, 2019 06:31 AM
    I can see it with V12.2

Swisscom Automation Engineer & PE Membership Creator

Entfessle mehr Automic Wissen mehr Automic Tools
    https://membership.philippelmer.com/

• 8.  RE: Is it possible to duplicate UserGroups without all users duplicating?

Posted Nov 07, 2019 06:38 AM
    I don't see it in V 12.1 but I was able to use transport case on old Java UI so I'm good. thanks...

• 9.  RE: Is it possible to duplicate UserGroups without all users duplicating?

Posted Nov 07, 2019 06:39 AM
    ​Much export functionality was only added with 12.2.

12.1 probably doesn't have it. It's by design.