Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Execution prevention after startup

Posted Sep 04, 2020 10:36 AM

Hi folks, i have a "simple" question. I'm not an expert, because of that i ask.

We had an issue with one of our AWA, where it's crashed. After that a operations guy just started up the system without any communication several hours later up. All the jobs which where already submitted where executed. Because of that some jobs where execution during office hours and generated a complete mess...

So my question is how can I prevent in the server startup this scenario, in a wise that the executors are stopped? our awa expert says that this isn't possible but I don't believe him.

Thanks for helping a rookie 😊

Regards stephan

• 2.  RE: Execution prevention after startup
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 04, 2020 11:15 AM
    We have set our production AE so that after any startup, the client comes up in a stopped mode.  Here is that setting;
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ALL/components/DOCU/12.3/Automic%20Automation%20Guides/help.htm#AWA/Variables/UC_CLIENT_SETTINGS/UC_CLIENT_STARTUP_ACTION.htm
    This means that after an AE recycle for ANY REASON it will require manual intervention to get things rolling again.  But this gives you the opportunity to do so gracefully.  In our case if we've had an unplanned outage, we will typically close all but a few queues before starting the client so we can exercise some client health-check routines before opening the flood gates.  Your procedures will need to be customized to your needs.

We still allow our non-prod AEs to come up hot.  They have a lot of various clients in them and we don't cherish the idea of having to manually restart each one.

------------------------------
    Pete Wirfs
    SAIF Corporation
    Salem Oregon USA

• 3.  RE: Execution prevention after startup

Posted Sep 07, 2020 10:17 AM
    Perfect thank you sou much, sorry for that so simple question..

regards stephan Uploading... Upload file

Avectris AG