Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  AE REST API Agent + Service Manager

Posted Dec 01, 2020 09:44 AM
    Hi all,

I installed the AE REST API Agent and it's running sucessfully after I started the Agent manual via the Windows Command Line.
    Now I'd like to add the agent to the Service Manager (either use an already existing Service Manager Service or create a new one) but I can't get it working.
    The Automic Docs are not usefull to me - "You can also start the Web Service REST Agent using the Service Manager program. For more information, see your Automation Engine documentation." -> On the AAE documentation I don't find any informaiton.

Does anyone starts the AE RESt API agent usning the Service Manager? If yes, please help to add the correct string to the files.

Best regards
    Max

• 2.  RE: AE REST API Agent + Service Manager

Posted Dec 01, 2020 10:32 AM
    Command:
    java -jar -Xmx512M D:\Automic\Automation.Platform\Agents\WebService_REST\bin\ucxjcitx.jar disable_cache

Startpath:
    D:\Automic\Automation.Platform\Agents\WebService_REST\bin

• 3.  RE: AE REST API Agent + Service Manager

Posted Dec 01, 2020 10:05 PM
    Update the existing servicemanager's  uc4.smd and uc4.smc for the new agent.

Example entry on linux based on the agent install path and service manager install path.

DEFINE WEBSERVICEREST01;/opt/CA/JDK/jdk8u265-b01/bin/java -jar -Xrs -Xmx2048M ucxjcitx.jar;*OWN/../../Agents/rapidautomation/WEBSERVICEREST01/bin

Regards
    Pothen

• 4.  RE: AE REST API Agent + Service Manager

Posted Dec 02, 2020 01:39 AM
    Hi all,

I've tried your solutions but it's not working.
    Are you using a seperate ini, smd and smc file for the REST API Agent or did you add it to the one for the AAE?
    @Pothen Verghese: what do you mean exactly with update the smd and smc file for the new agent.​

Best regards
    Max