Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Communication process

Posted Feb 22, 2020 11:20 PM
    Hello,

I have a strange issue with communication process. I have increased the CP to 5. I can start it successfully but right after that, it stopped again.

Here is the start successful log:
    20200223/094841.059 - U00022006 ... and start directory 'E:\Automic\ServiceManager\bin\..\..\AutomationEngine\bin'.
    20200223/094841.063 - U00022007 Process 'UC4 CP3' (ID '13264') successfully started.

Here is the end log after that:
    20200223/094911.631 - U00022012 Process 'UC4 CP3/UC4 CP-Server - Termination in progress (99)' (ID '13264') ended.
    20200223/094911.631 - U00022022 Process 'UC4 CP3/UC4 CP-Server - Termination in progress (99)' ended, exit code='62'.

Even it said stopped, I can see our agent is connected to that. Try to create test job and the job can run successfully.

For me, seems it's still ok. But not sure why it stopped.

• 2.  RE: Communication process
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 24, 2020 03:09 AM

Hi,

do you have checked the loggfiles of the CP's and the ucsrv.ini file?
    Also it would be helpflul to see which Automation Engine version you are running. In your post I can see only the version of the agents. 

Please check the ucsrv.ini file if there is a unique port for CP5 configured and the CP5 entry is no commented with a ";" at the begin of the line
    if this is allready configured well please check the CP*00 Logfiles for error messages an you will find out fast why it stops. 

Best,
    Franz

------------------------------
    Managing Consultant EMEA - Enterprise Studio
    HCL Technologies Austria GmbH

• 3.  RE: Communication process

Posted Feb 25, 2020 12:15 AM
    Hi Franz,

I have rebooted the whole server, then I can see all CPs is running well.
    So strange. My Automic automation version is 11.2 and installed on Windows server 2012.

• 4.  RE: Communication process

Posted Feb 27, 2020 09:48 AM
    Good to hear its running after restart. Should this happen one more time, I would recommend to scan the CP*00.txt and WP*00.txt log files for error messages to see what is the cause for the error.

Managing Consultant EMEA - Enterprise Studio
    HCL Technologies Austria GmbH

• 5.  RE: Communication process

Posted Feb 27, 2020 09:37 PM
    Hi Franz,

Can you share the location of CP00* logs? 
    I can only find below logs

• 6.  RE: Communication process

Posted Feb 28, 2020 05:35 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz Feb 28, 2020 05:35 AM
    > Can you share the location of CP00* logs?
    > I can only find below logs

​These are your service manager logs.

You need to look underneath the server/engine directory for a "temp" directory, not the service manager/smgr directory. Alternatively, find ucsrv.ini. The path to the CP logs is specified in that file.

These contain very good advise on asking questions and describing supposed bugs (no, you do not need to go to StackExchange for Automic questions, but yes, the parts on asking detailed, useful questions ARE usually relevant):

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

I will not respond to PM asking for help unless there's an actual reason to keep the discussion off of the public forums.

• 7.  RE: Communication process

Posted Feb 28, 2020 06:15 AM
    Edited by PhatTran612036 Feb 28, 2020 06:17 AM
    Hi Franz,

I can find below logs in the engine log

I guess that because I edit uc4.smd with below in servicemanager folder:
    DEFINE UC4 CP3;*CP_STARTCMD;*SRV_STARTPATH
    DEFINE UC4 CP4;*CP_STARTCMD;*SRV_STARTPATH
    DEFINE UC4 CP5;*CP_STARTCMD;*SRV_STARTPATH

And run the UCSrvCP.EXE manually by double-clicking in the AutomaticEngine folder. This may create the socket listing on those ports( that why the agent can connect to the CP3,4,5 while service manager dialog, it showed stopped). So consequently I cannot start those CP later in the servicemangerDialog, as it's already listening.

The strange is that, I have stopped the UC4 service completely, but the seems the processes started by UCSrvCP.EXE manually not stop. And prevent the new processes to run from Service Manager Diaglog.

And finally, the reboot did help, as it cleared all the process like a refresh, then UC4 can start everything normally as it is and solved the problem.