Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Retrieve Job Status from SharePoints

Posted Mar 30, 2020 11:44 AM
    Edited by Ken Yong Mar 30, 2020 11:46 AM
    Dear all,

Hope everyone is doing well at this time.

Our company using Automic to execute daily batch run for Oracle Finance. We can monitor the status from Automic whether it finishes or still executing.

However, this execution status information cannot be accessed by employees that do not have access to Automic.

My target is: I would like to share the Automic execution status information in SharePoint. 

My question:
    1.) How can I achieve this?
    2.) What are the options that I can explore? (Not necessary to show in SharePoint, I am open to any other option) 
    3.) Any guides/documentation that I can refer to?

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

------------------------------
    Ken
    TX, Houston

• 2.  RE: Retrieve Job Status from SharePoints
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 30, 2020 12:16 PM
    We are a small shop so we tend to keep things really simple.

When a customer group needs to know the state of a batch process, we typically send them emails.  For instance we have an early morning data load process that will occasionally run well into daytime business hours.  So these customers receive an email every morning indicating when the load completed.

Pete

• 3.  RE: Retrieve Job Status from SharePoints

Posted Mar 30, 2020 12:49 PM
    Dear Pete,

Thank you for your reply. The email that you mention was sent out manually or it is automated?

We are having a few batch jobs and run multiple times a day. Hence, I am looking for automate this process (update status to the customer)

Thank you. :)

Ken
    TX, Houston

• 4.  RE: Retrieve Job Status from SharePoints

Posted Mar 30, 2020 01:06 PM
    Automated.  There is a UC4 send_mail() script function.  There is also a "CALL" object type that can send emails.  You can also execute other languages that can send emails, such as PowerShell.

Pete