Automic Workload Automation

View Only

Migration of Webservice jobs from V11 to V12

• 1.  Migration of Webservice jobs from V11 to V12

Posted Feb 25, 2020 05:11 AM

​Hi Everyone..
    We are in the process of migrating from UC4 V11 to V12.3. However I have come across an issue setting up a SOAP Webservice job.

I know from documentation that Webservice jobs need to be re-setup in V12, as there is no migration/upgrade available for the jobs directly between V11 & V12.

I can setup the Webservice Connection object fine & wsdl is retrieved ok. But when I setup a Webservice SOAP job to use the connection & then select the "operation" from drop-down box I get the following error:

"java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: Non-default namespace can not map to empty URI (as per Namespace 1.0 # 2) in XML 1.0 documents"

I know from raising a support call that the V12 SOAP webservice does not support SOAP1.2.. so we've had the service it's calling updated to use SOAP1.1. But the same error remains.

Has anyone else got any experience of migrating Webservice jobs from V11 to V12? If so, can you let me know if you got similar issues?

For info, we only have a couple of webservice jobs in our environment, one works fine having been re-created in V12. It's just a second job to a different URL that does not work.

Thanks in advance.
    Colin.