Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Automic Analytic Questions

Posted Nov 01, 2019 05:59 PM
    We need some candid information on real user experiences.  If anyone who wants can provide responses to these questions confidentially to me offline @ Frankford@sccompanies.com. THANKS for your truthful responses in advance.
    Be Well,
    Phil
    1. How much maintenance is required to manage the PostgreSQL databases:
      with and without 'Event Engine'?
    2. How much work is the 'Event Engine' to implement, use, maintain, and upgrade?
    3. Does the 'Event Engine' complicate Automic's general use?
    4. Is the 'Event Engine' install disruptive to a prior 'Analytics and Reporting' install or can it be just added in the future?
    5. What does the 'Event Engine' provide in real-life and is anyone really using it?
      What are your real experiences?

Broadcom doc advertises:
                    Benefits of the Event Engine
    Automation Engine lets Automic respond to more sophisticated event triggers.
    Reduces overhead of manually scripting and system overhead of processing IF-THEN-LOGIC.
    Allows you to process rules against any Automic object; not limited to tasks and workflows.
    Exposes as much event processing as required vs full complex event processing.
    Supports up to 50,000 events per second.
    Enables use of intelligent automation.
                  Social Media Automation
    Proactively engage service provider customers in real time, by automatically detecting and responding to their behavior.
    Trigger personalized social media and mobile campaigns in real time, drive traffic, and guide customers within their POS.
                  Disaster Recovery
    Capture event flow from multiple services and devices to correlate source of failure and start automated recovery.
    Trigger disaster recovery workflows when a service starts to fail.
                 Predictive Workload Management
    Raises events on estimated runtime violations, milestone violations, or service level violations.
    Correlate events to make decision on triggering automated workarounds or remediation actions.

• 2.  RE: Automic Analytic Questions

Posted Sep 09, 2020 05:39 PM
    Greetings once again -
    We need to keep multi-years analytics data. However, our Postgres image is getting large.
    Please share how your DBAs manages your Postgres Analytics database.
    Be Well,
    Phil

------------------------------
    DBA/Systems Engineer
    Colony Brands

• 3.  RE: Automic Analytic Questions

Posted Sep 11, 2020 03:00 PM
    What is the Analytics Studio?  What tables are used by the Analytics Studio?
    Besides the AH table, will any other table be available on Automic Analytic database?
    What is new in 12.3 over 12.2?

DBA/Systems Engineer
    Colony Brands

• 4.  RE: Automic Analytic Questions

Posted Sep 11, 2020 03:47 PM
    What is the road map for future Automic Analytics?

DBA/Systems Engineer
    Colony Brands

• 5.  RE: Automic Analytic Questions

Posted Sep 11, 2020 04:20 PM
    This was a quote from 2016 ... has anything changed?
    What's changed or when will it be enhanced?

I asked Tobias Stanzel about future plans for Analytics and got a promising reply:

'We have big plans for Analytics. At the moment, we are working in the area of data modelling in order to support additional objects. Additionally, we will continue to add more and more AE attributes into Analytics – for example, AV data in order to show object variables and the values of PromptSets.

Also, Actions are to be expanded, but at the moment I cannot give you details on that.

For me personally, the integration with AWI is also an important starting point for improvements. I think it would be cool to link to other AWI perspectives with an Analytics widget.

In any case, I can promise you: There will be much going on at Automic in the data area!'

In any case, I can promise you: There will be much going on at Automic in the 'data' area!"

DBA/Systems Engineer
    Colony Brands