Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  SAML metadata

Posted Aug 12, 2019 07:34 PM
    Hi,

I just installed Automic Automation 12.3 and am trying to get SAML SSO working.

One of the things I need to do is provide a URL where our Identity Provider can get the Service Provider metadata xml. Is there a way to configure the Automation Engine and/or AWI to serve the metadata xml file?

Thanks.

--Stephen

• 2.  RE: SAML metadata

Posted Apr 13, 2020 12:11 PM
    @STEPHEN ODO ​, Did you get reply from Broadcom or Community to your question?

• 3.  RE: SAML metadata

Posted Apr 13, 2020 02:38 PM
    No, I did not.

What we ended up doing is just copying the file and putting it on one of our internal web servers. It doesn't change so it's basically a one-time thing.

--Stephen

• 4.  RE: SAML metadata

Posted Apr 14, 2020 12:27 AM
    For documentation purposes only: The content of the requested metadata.xml is located in the key *SP of the variable UC_SAML_SETTINGS in client 0.

------------------------------
    Automation Evangelist
    Fiducia & GAD IT AG
    ---
    Mitglied des deutschsprachigen Automic-Anwendervereins FOKUS e.V.
    Member of the German speaking Automic user association FOKUS e.V.
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: SAML metadata

Posted May 03, 2021 08:29 PM
    Hi Tim,
    I am planning to use SAML with Automic 12.3.4 HF1 version. In order to create metadata.xml, just i need to enable SAML=True in UC_SYSTEM_SETTINGS then the system generates and populates the *SP key automatically. Then document says edit xml content meaning i need to download the UC_SAML_SETTINGS then add required values. Can you elaborate little more about this setup? Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Prakash S