Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Viewing Statistics via AWI

Posted Nov 01, 2019 11:49 AM
    ​We are running AWA 12.2.3. We receive time out errors when requesting job statistics via the AWI. We use the old Java UI to retrieve job statistics with no issue. We delete the Tomcat work directory to improve AWI performance. This action does not however correct the statistics retrieval issue using AWI. Has anyone experienced this issue?

------------------------------
    Jeffery A. Parker Sr
    Systems Analyst II
    International Paper

• 2.  RE: Viewing Statistics via AWI

Posted Nov 01, 2019 03:17 PM
    We are not getting timeouts.  But we do get significantly different response times depending upon how many rows we ask to be returned. (You can reduce the max number of return rows under personal settings.)  Something else in our favor is we are a small shop, so our database is relatively small and less busy than at other datacenters.

We also dealt with this being performance issue under 11.2(Java client) so I asked a local DBA to help.   We were able to re-create the long-running queries and they could analyze what was going on in the database engine.  They recommended adding a new index to the UC4 database to improve the performance of this query, but I quit pursuing the problem at that point because custom mods to vendor databases are not advisable. (a new index could help one area of performance while also dragging down performance in another area.)

I think you might be onto something with questioning tomcats involvement.  Our tomcat is installed on Windows, and I found some timeout settings in a web.xml file.   I think it is possible that you are running into a tomcat timeout.  (I am not a tomcat expert.)

Pete

• 3.  RE: Viewing Statistics via AWI

Posted Nov 04, 2019 05:29 AM
    ​Yes.

I have also found that when a statistics query takes long enough, you get a timeout.

Worse, the Oracle query keeps running regardless. Run it repeatedly, and your CP all end up busy and then your UI locks up for all users. I have mentioned this repeatedly, can't immediately recall having received any feedback. Sorry, this is the state of affairs.

Br,

• 4.  RE: Viewing Statistics via AWI
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 05, 2019 03:12 AM
    Hi @Jeffery Parker,

you can try to set the following timeout parameters in the configutation.properties file:

automationEngineOpenConnectionTimeoutMilliseconds = 9999000
    asyncLoadingTimeoutMilliseconds = 9999000
    automationEngineTimeoutMilliseconds = 9999000
    xRequestExecutorTimeoutMilliseconds = 9999000​

• 5.  RE: Viewing Statistics via AWI

Posted Nov 06, 2019 11:24 AM
    Keld,

​        I will apply these changes in our sandbox environment.

Thanks,
    Jeff Parker