Expand all | Collapse all

Automic AWI 12.3

• 1.  Automic AWI 12.3

Posted Aug 26, 2019 04:02 AM
    Hi all,

this thread could be collection of "bugs" in AWI 12.3

1.)
    Display of Items in Scheduling object.

If i go to Process Monitoring and expand the scheduling object i have for example following:

If i leave this page now to go to f. e. process assembly and go back to process monitor i have following:

Sometimes its very confusing... You think nothing is running but it is.. You have to close and open the scheduling object to be "refreshed".
    (Tested in Internet explorer and Chrome)

2.)  If you are in a workflow and able (again and again and again the properties tab) and you double click an other worflow in the parent workflow to check somehting and you go back again, the properties tab is gone... I have always to click the properties button.  Do you have the same?

3.) This one is no Bug - but for the moment I dont like, that you cant open several tabs anymore (Worflows, JOBS etc) where you can jump between those open Tabs. Now you can "just" go back one level.

Maybe there are somewhere configuration properties to fix "my" issues but i didn't find them yet.

I have some more points but no time currently.

regards,
    Ben

• 2.  RE: Automic AWI 12.3

Posted Aug 26, 2019 12:12 PM
    ​For point 1): I have noticed the exact same behavior.

For Point 3): The tabs were removed in favour of using browser tabs, apparently due to popular demand (Or so I remember reading elsewhere on the community).  I'm not sure why there isn't a 'Open in new tab' option, but you can middle-click something to have it open up in a new tab. While I do prefer this after getting used to it, I only figured that out as I tend to be pretty shortcut-heavy. I would not expect a lot of our users to figure that out on their own.

Also, you can select multiple objects, right-click, then click 'open', and they should all open up in new tabs. However this only seems to work properly in Firefox and IE (Chrome-based browsers seem to only want to open the first object).

• 3.  RE: Automic AWI 12.3

Posted Aug 26, 2019 02:30 PM
    FYI I tried Chrome and can open multiple objects in different tabs. But you need to click on the CTRL key and then open the objects you have selected. So maybe a browser setting to modify for Chrome to have it working and to Firefox for me to be able to open multiple objects in different tabs at the same time.

There is still an issue :

You want to open different objects located in different folders to compare them  => this is impossible as when you open a single object you switch the tab to the object display and you cannot open the Process Assembly tab again !!

I don't know who asked to modify the way the tabs are managed but it is not someone who is working daily with the interface ! This should be an option in the user profile setting like a "open objects in new tab" with value "Yes" or "NO". But this may be to simple ...

• 4.  RE: Automic AWI 12.3

Posted Aug 26, 2019 02:48 PM

Opening multiple objects in Chrome: I missed the miniscule pop-up blocker notification that was coming up in the address bar. Allowed all pop-ups from our AWI URL and now that's working as it should.
    ====================
    There is still an issue :

You want to open different objects located in different folders to compare them  => this is impossible as when you open a single object you switch the tab to the object display and you cannot open the Process Assembly tab again !!

====================
    I apologize if I'm misunderstanding something, but this seems to be working for me? I can open an object in a new tab or in the same one, then go back to Process Assembly (again, either in a new tab or the same one), and navigate to a different folder and open a new object to compare the two.

• 5.  RE: Automic AWI 12.3

Posted Aug 26, 2019 02:54 PM
    I guess that this is also something related to the browser settings like for you in Chrome.

Anything that you have done to be able to have more than one object tab open at a time, objects in different folders i.e. ?

• 6.  RE: Automic AWI 12.3

Posted Aug 27, 2019 02:44 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz Aug 27, 2019 02:44 AM
    It may even be the version of Chome. Opening multiple tabs functionality via various methods has been an on- and off affair, may work in some versions and not in others. There's various threads to be found from e.g. 2018 where it broke for people​, and they downloaded the latest pre-release, where it worked again. Looks like a moving target.

I for one, using that other Chrome that has no incentive to rat to Google about me, I'm also convinved that a while ago, multiple-open with CTRL worked in my Opera. Today it doesn't, it opens just one new tab.

In my Firefox it still works as of today, just tried it.

I suggest if a setting can't be found, someone should file it as a bug at support.

• 7.  RE: Automic AWI 12.3

Posted Aug 27, 2019 02:28 AM
    Edited by PROSENJIT MAJI Aug 27, 2019 02:53 AM

For 1)

If you expand the schedule hierarchy from 'Executions'
    - It will show all the items which got triggered at least like items ended_ok, ended_not_ok, active, sleeping etc.  
    - It will NOT show items about to be executed ( waiting for start time )  OR ENDED_INACTIVE due to calendar condition etc.  
    In other hand if you 'monitor' a schedule - it shows all items with respective status. 

Schedule Monitor
    Expanding a schedule from execution
    For 3)
    - We had V12.2.2 & it allowed us to open objects into sub-tabs under 'Process Assembly' perspective. We could toggle one objects to another easily.
    - Now we see in 12.3.0 - Everything is opening in a separate tab which DOESN'T allow to toggle. Once you go back the current window is gone. 
       I see someone suggested to press 'ctrl' & then right click on object => Open Object. This will open the object in different tab of your browser
       ( Tested in chrome & this WAS NOT happening in V12.2.2. So this is something broadcom added in V12.3.0 )
    V12.2.2-opening-one-object
    V12.3.0-opening-one-object

• 8.  RE: Automic AWI 12.3

Posted Aug 27, 2019 04:47 AM
    Hi,

thanks for your replies. Good to know that i am not alone.

Just now i was working on a Workflow and i had to add something to a VARA. So I searched for the Vara and then the workflow i was working on, is closed.
    After closing/saving the VARA you have to navigate again to the before opened workflow. For me this is far away from beeing smart.

Right now i want to have the old AWI back. 
    Maybe someone from Broadcom can explain the benefit of this new AWI?

regards,
    Ben

• 9.  RE: Automic AWI 12.3

Posted Aug 28, 2019 08:37 AM
    While I am still getting used to the new setup, I have managed to be more or less okay with opening up each page in a new browser tab as needed (Usually CTRL+Click or middle-click - may vary depending on browser), though I still occasionally mess up and have to make my way back to the first thing I had open.  I have found that if you do open up lots of tabs, you have to be careful with logging out - All tabs will use the same session so if you log out of one tab, you will be kicked out of all the other tabs that you opened up (I assume this is by design for security reasons).

One nice advantage with the new AWI is that you can now copy/paste links to pretty much any page that I have tried (Example, the attributes page of JOBS.WIN.SOMETHING_OR_OTHER), as opposed to having to have someone navigate their way manually.

• 10.  RE: Automic AWI 12.3

Posted Aug 28, 2019 04:49 PM
    I see similar behavior - 
    Chrome - selection several opens and opening results in only 1 object opening in a new browser window.
    Edge - this works fine.

I think i'd prefer the old and new methods combined - ie having the option to open an object in a new GUI tab(like v12.2), OR having it open in a new browser tab(12.3).

• 11.  RE: Automic AWI 12.3

Posted Sep 13, 2019 12:00 PM
    We are testing on AWI:
        Automic Web Interface 12.3.0.GA01-dev-feature-12.3.0-GA01-91040

We have a calendar object with over 100 calendar events, and the AWI won't show us the entire list.  The search tool works fine, but that presumes you know what calendar event naming standards you are searching for.  (Maybe there is a workaround that I haven't discovered yet?)

I've opened a ticket on this.

------------------------------
    Pete
    ------------------------------

• 12.  RE: Automic AWI 12.3
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 16, 2019 07:48 AM
    ​We had the same problem in Version 12.2.0.HF01, it was fixed Version 12.2.1 and regarding the knowlege base article (https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=116719) it should also be fixed in V12.3 but it's not.
    I'll reopen my ticket for this.