Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  RA FTP SSH Keys on Windows

Posted Sep 28, 2020 04:55 PM

Hello,

We have some SFTP jobs which are working just fine with Connection and RA FTP Jobs, but we have a requirement to change one of them to us SSH Keys instead.  I've gone through the documentation and have created the keys, and ensured they are OpenSSH, but we can't get it to work (we used PuttyGen as this is what has been used in other cases, and did the conversions of the key from PuttyGen to OpenSSH).  Here's the error if we try to browse to the site in one of the FTP jobs using the update information in the connection object:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: SSH_MSG_DISCONNECT: 11 Too many bad authentication attempts!

I know that this is an auth error message, and we've tried to recreate the keys a few times, but still running in to some problems.  In our case, the FTP Agent is running on a Windows server, which should work, but it seems like this isn't the case.  The documentation indicates some specifics for if this were running on a Linux agent, but I can't find any details for a Windows server.

Just wondering if anyone has had success using SSH Keys when the RA FTP is being used on a Windows server, and can offer some advice.

Thanks!

Tina

• 2.  RE: RA FTP SSH Keys on Windows

Posted Sep 30, 2020 05:31 AM
    Edited by Ahmed Intizar Sep 30, 2020 05:32 AM
      |   view attached
    Dear Tina,

We are running RA ftp agent on a windows machine since many years and we are using SSH keys in many connection objects. I must say we never had any issues with that.
    Maybe it's important to check the connection first with using external tool, like WinSCP or filezilla using the ssh keys. If that works, RA ftp should work as well giving the key is in right format. I suppose you are providing the key location and name in the connection object as showed in the attached file. The key must reside preferably on a local file system where the agent has access to. Hope this helps.

------------------------------
    Kind regards

Intizar Ahmed
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: RA FTP SSH Keys on Windows

Posted Sep 30, 2020 11:58 AM
    Thanks for the reply!

After entering information again (it was copied and pasted, so same values), and also still keeping the username entered (no pwd) this seemed to do the trick.  I did also do a quick test in WinSCP as well, which worked, so I am going to add that as part of our setup steps to see if it helps in the future.