Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Browser-based issue with AWI

Posted Apr 08, 2021 09:39 AM
    We have noticed a peculiar issue with AWI that only affects certain browsers. For our implementation, we are using Automic Web Interface 12.3.2.GA01-dev-feature-12.3.2-GA01-95605. What we've seen is that in Edge and IE, under Administration / Automation Engine Management / Processes and Utilization, the Processes pane loads just fine, but the Utilization pane times out. Both panes load fine in Chrome.

Is there a workaround for this other than "just use Chrome", and are there any other known browser-based limitations to AWI?

• 2.  RE: Browser-based issue with AWI

Posted Apr 09, 2021 05:39 AM
    Edited by Juergen Lechner Apr 12, 2021 04:50 AM
    Hi Joshua,
    this is a tricky question. The performance is from my experience with several customer sites veeeery configuration dependend.
    I tend to use Firefox. This works fine for most customers. But for some reason Chrome is indeed the best choice at the moment. Even if I remember one customer where they recommended IE.
    The biggest impact I have seen is the performance in the Monitoring perspective.But as I said: very configuration dependend. One thing that might help a little bit is the limitation of the refesh time. Some admins reduce this from the preset 90 seconds to more convenient cycles. This might stress the DB behind the AE a little bit. ;-)

Regards,
    Juergen

------------------------------
    Juergen Lechner
    Senior Consultant
    setis GmbH
    Germany
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Browser-based issue with AWI

Posted Apr 13, 2021 07:52 AM

Hi Joshua,

The Utilization pane works fine for us with Edge browser (also fine for the other popular browsers).

We are using Service Pack 3 (12.3.3), so it's 1 Service Pack newer as the system where you observed the issue. I don't know if this is the important difference.

KR, Josef