Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Multi-Line Variable: Removing the Line Breaks

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 17, 2020 07:53 PM

Recently a question was posed about how to best handle a multi-line variable and removing the line breaks: these aren't line breaks that UC_CRLF will capture, so we got a little more creative.

While there's multiple methods to do this, I opted for using a SQLI variable to regex the actual content in the DB directly:

select REGEXP_REPLACE(OVW_VALUE1,'[[:space:]]',' ') from OVW where OVW_OH_IDNR in (select oh_idnr from oh where oh_name = 'VARA.TEST.NEWLINE') and OVW_VValue = 'KEY'

The Value1 would be changed to match the column containing the value to be parsed, but this worked without major hiccups. Originally I didn't use :space: and instead used  E'[\\n\\r\\u2028]+' but Oracle didn't like that quite as much. 

• 2.  RE: Multi-Line Variable: Removing the Line Breaks
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 19, 2020 05:27 AM
    Hi Darren,

If I got you right, you want to remove the line breaks of a multi lined cell (see screen shot)? BTW: this could also be the multi lined content of an object variable in the "Variables" tab of the job...

I opted for Powershell because this solution is more future safe as it doesn't rely on the database schema to be unchanged:

Cheers
    Christoph 

------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Automic AE Consultant and Trainer since 2000
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------