Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Agent Monitoring

Posted Jan 02, 2020 11:07 AM
    How do I setup a mail notification to notify me when an agent has ended?  I have seen our DB agents end abnormally and need to restart since I upgraded to 12.3.  I believe the issue is related to how jobs are configured by one of our application teams but I need to have notifications when an agent is down so that we can restart them.

Also, is there a way that I can configure the job to start the DB agent again if it has ended abnormally?

• 2.  RE: Agent Monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2020 01:29 AM
    Hi,

Can you please let us know the product name.

Ravi Kiran

• 3.  RE: Agent Monitoring

Posted Jan 03, 2020 11:10 AM
    The product name is One Automation.  Specifically using Workload Automation version 12.3.

• 4.  RE: Agent Monitoring

Community Manager
    Posted Jan 16, 2020 02:55 PM
    Hi Erik,

I will move this to the Automic Workload Automation Community for you.

Thanks
    Diane

------------------------------
    Diane Craddock
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 5.  RE: Agent Monitoring
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 17, 2020 03:26 AM
    Hello Erick,

I think you can use the entry "EXECUTE_ON_END" on the UC-Variable "UC_HOSTCHAR_DEFAULT". If you put a mail-job in this variable then you get a mail when an agent will stop.

UC_HOSTCHAR_DEFAULT

Best Regards,
    Bernhard

Landeshauptstadt München

• 6.  RE: Agent Monitoring

Posted Jan 28, 2020 09:06 AM
    Hi Erick,
    I have had some luck with the Execute on End, as well as other options such as Enterprise service managers outside of AE, but recently we have adopted, and recommended to all our clients the use of a VARA.SQLI. The reason is most organizations agents are changing rapidly, and we needed to provide each client with a system to use the current list, with the ability to filter out what we call "Bad Hosts", (agents that have either moved, or are being patched/upgraded/etc. The SQLI creates a current listing of all defined Agents, then feeds it to a "For Each" JOBP which runs 1 simple script that checks the listing of agents that are not supposed to be alive and once confirmed it is supposed to be alive, runs the following:
    :IF SYS_HOST_ALIVE("&HOST#") = "N"
    : SET &OUT# = SEND_MAIL("&MAIL",,"Agent &HOST# in &SYSTEM:&CLIENT is down","Agent &HOST# in &SYSTEM:&CLIENT is not active",)
    :ENDIF
    This JOBP is run every 30 minutes. This allows the system admins to update the "Bad Agent" list for not checking, and the email distribution list is from the standard notification list that we use for all other object failures. Let me know if you want more information.

Founder and Partner
    Data Center Automation Consultants DCAC

• 7.  RE: Agent Monitoring

Posted Jan 29, 2020 07:49 AM
    Hi Brian,

why don't you put a get_var on the Bad-Host-Vara into your UC_EXECUTOR_END Notification with a Stop nomsg ?

This avoids running a workflow every 30 minutes and you get the message in time 

:-)

cheers, Wolfgang

Support Info:
    if you are using one of the latest version of UC4 / AWA / One Automation please get in contact with Support to open a ticket.
    Otherwise update/upgrade your system and check if the problem still exists.