Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Mail Notifications related to Recurring Chain Execution

Posted Aug 13, 2019 08:55 AM
    Hi Team,

We do have a Scenario where the Workflows in chain runs in Recurring mode for Every 30 minutes.Can we know how to set the Mail Notifications if there was any delay of completion of the Chain for that instance of Execution(In that 30 minutes)

• 2.  RE: Mail Notifications related to Recurring Chain Execution

Posted Aug 13, 2019 01:50 PM
    I think you want to use the MRT(Maximum Run Time) feature of the product.  You can tell an object that you only want it to run for, say, 20 minutes for example.  When that time limit is exceeded it can kick off your mail notification process.

------------------------------
    Pete (AE V11.2)

• 3.  RE: Mail Notifications related to Recurring Chain Execution

Posted Aug 13, 2019 02:25 PM
    Thanks Pete,it will be helpful but I forgot to add a point for my last question.

Actually we are planning to keep 2 things related to recurring mode execution of Chain for every 30 mins.

1)Make an Auto cancellation of the Entire if it Exceeds maximum MRT which is at 11 PM EST and we required a mail notification to it
    2)set the Mail Notifications if there was any delay of completion of the Chain for that instance of Execution(In that 30 minutes)

Can you help us with the above 2 Scenarios which will be much Appreciated.

• 4.  RE: Mail Notifications related to Recurring Chain Execution

Posted Aug 13, 2019 11:50 PM
    Hello,
    So, if I understand correctly, if the process exceeds the 30 minutes, cancel THAT process and send email notification?  Then let the next iteration start (ex., 11:30pm)?

Cheers,
    Gary Chismar
    Florida State University
    V 11.2

• 5.  RE: Mail Notifications related to Recurring Chain Execution

Posted Aug 14, 2019 09:34 AM
    ​Hi Gary,

Scenario-1:

If the chain exceeds 11:30 PM EST then we needs to make an Auto cancellation and send an Email notification.The actual recursive chain Starts at 7:00 AM EST.

Note:I made a test with MRT option but it is not making an Auto cancellation.

Scenario-2:

If the chain runs more than 30 mins then we needs to get an Email Notification as the chain is delayed.

Please let me know for any questions..

• 6.  RE: Mail Notifications related to Recurring Chain Execution
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 14, 2019 10:20 AM
    Ok.  From what I am working with, V11.2, I would try the following:
    1) on the workflow, have two processes run in parallel.  The first one is the one that kicks off every 30 minutes.
    2) The second is a script.  Have the script wait about 10 seconds for execution
    3) In the script, get the runid for the process that is running.  There is a script element named GET_UC_OBJECT_NR  You enter the object name and it returns the runid.
    4) You will probably need to make use of script element GET_UC_OBJECT_STATUS
    5) In the parallel script you can have the script run in a loop, with a wait every minute or so.  In the loop, keep checking the status.  Once your loop exceeds 30 (using a variable for each time a loop finishes and based on the checking once a minute.  Otherwise, adjust as necessary), issue the activate_uc_object element to send your notification.  After notification is sent then use the cancel_uc_object element to cancel your process.

The above works very will in my head but have not written anything like what you are asking.  Still I think it will accomplish what you are looking for.

Cheers,
    Gary Chismar
    Florida State University
    V11.2
    V12.3 3rd Qtr 2019 (can't wait).