Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Proxying Google Repository for Automic on Kubernetes via Artifactory

• 1.  Proxying Google Repository for Automic on Kubernetes via Artifactory

Posted Nov 24, 2021 04:57 AM
    Hello
    We're hosting Automic on Kubernetes locally on our own Rancher v2.5 cluster and we need to use our own local repository.  This isn't covered in the guide so here's how to do it.

Get the software download key from Broadcom. 
    Open Artifactory as an administrator, create a new remote docker repository, name it automic_cgr_io or something suitable
    Set the URL to https;//cgr.io
    Set remote authentication to _json_key
    Copy the entire contents of the download key from Broadcom into the password field
    Ensure Enable Token Authentication is checked
    Add the new remote repository to your virtual docker repository - eg docker.artifactory.my_company.com

Change the values file to point at your Artifactory repository.  I had to overide each entry here in the values file, perhaps there is a better way

repository:
        location: docker.artifactory.my_company.com/esd-automic-saas/automic/component/release/ae/

after this I was able to deploy to our cluster.  I'm using ArgoCD to install the Helm chart.  I don't have it fully working yet, I might create another thread for that issue.

• 2.  RE: Proxying Google Repository for Automic on Kubernetes via Artifactory

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 09, 2021 04:04 AM
    We've just released some enhancements to the Automic Download Center, to facilitate downloading our container images to another registry.

Scroll down the https://downloads.automic.com/downloads/quick_start/ake page to see a template for pulling, re-tagging, and pushing the images from gcr-io to your own registry.

Feedback is welcome!

------------------------------
    Kaj Wierda
    Sr. Product Line Manager | Automation

Broadcom Software
    ------------------------------