Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Need to know which files need to be transferred or removed so as to free memory utilization on Master server of UC4

• 1.  Need to know which files need to be transferred or removed so as to free memory utilization on Master server of UC4

Posted Feb 27, 2020 05:38 AM
    Hi team,

Kindly let us know that which files from UC4 master server in Automic 11.2 edcpar5inp06 ned to be transferred or removd so as to stop the Alerts from coming and get the issue resolved.

Please let us know if you need any further information from our side.

Regards,
    Mohd Zain Akbar

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Mohd Zain Akbar

• 2.  RE: Need to know which files need to be transferred or removed so as to free memory utilization on Master server of UC4
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 27, 2020 07:42 AM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett Jun 01, 2020 03:36 PM
    ​Hi,

I am admittedly a bit puzzled by this request. I don't know what alerts you are talking about or what "edcpar5inp06" is. If that's your server name, that's something unique to you and meaningless to me. Did you get a Nagios or other monitoring system alert that you need to take care of? Does it have any additional details?

And are you talking about RAM or hard disk utilization? I presume this is about the later?

The usual method to find out how to free up hard disk space on an Automic machine is to look which partition, disk or directory is filling up, i.e. what constitutes the bulk of the growth, then delete those files, and additionally, change settings to combat future growth. Or alternatively, grow the respective storage, if the files are justified there for a legitimate business reason. Unfortunately you didn't tell us the platform you are on. On UNIX/Linux you can drill down with something like "du --max-depth=1 -h", on Windows I only know of certain sofware like TreeSize for this job, or drilling down via Windows Explorer.

Once we know what files this is all about, we might be able to suggest a method to curb future growth.

Hth,

These contain very good advise on asking questions and describing supposed bugs (no, you do not need to go to StackExchange for Automic questions, but yes, the parts on asking detailed, useful questions ARE usually relevant):

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

I will not respond to PM asking for help unless there's an actual reason to keep the discussion off of the public forums.