Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Dependency for SAP transport in version 12.3

Posted Jun 23, 2020 11:09 AM
    hi, 

I am upgrading my Automation Engine from v12.0 to v12.3. Will there be additional transport that I need to import in order to run the SAP jobs?

BR,
    Mick

• 2.  RE: Dependency for SAP transport in version 12.3
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 23, 2020 12:01 PM
    Hi Mick,

if you haven't used/imported the function modules for 12.0 then it's also not required for 12.3. Otherwise please follow the steps described on page https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AWA/12.2/DOCU/12.2/AWA%20Guides/help.htm#AWA/Admin/TransportingAEInterface.htm
    to get the most current version into SAP.

regards,
    Peter

• 3.  RE: Dependency for SAP transport in version 12.3

Posted Jun 24, 2020 03:27 AM
    hi Peter,

Thank you for the guidance. 

The question now, since I have installed the v12.0 Automic extension, do we need to import a new one for v12.3.
    With our ongoing project in parallel to this, we have another bigger project with a very high sensitivity towards importing external transport info our system.

Do you think it is good enough and compatible with v12.3?

BR,
    Mick

• 4.  RE: Dependency for SAP transport in version 12.3

Posted Jun 24, 2020 04:16 AM
    Hi Mick,

during my time with SBB/UC4/Automic we always have imported the most recent SAP transport file. Because of backward compatibility we've been able to use AE and the SAP Agent in the same version and well as all previous versions.

regards,
    Peter

• 5.  RE: Dependency for SAP transport in version 12.3

Posted Jun 26, 2020 02:36 AM
    hi Peter,

I understand the best approach is to use the latest and same version of the SAP transport file.
    Let me rephrase my question, would it be compatible if i upgrade the AE (also the agents) to v12.3 but still stick to v12.0 SAP transport file?
    My main concern is that we have a strict policy to perform any external transport into our SAP system due to another ongoing project to upgrade the SAP system, the best case is that we can upgrade the AE to v12.3 without the need to transport the latest SAP transport file.

BR,
    Mick