Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Problem With Rest Agent and Post-Process Tab

Posted Jul 02, 2020 02:59 PM
    I am trying to pass a response from my Rest Agent to the next task in the workflow. I am unable to pset or publish the respone in the process tab of the job, because in automic the process tab executes before the rapid automation. Therefore, I must publish in the post-process tab of the job. The problem is, in automic, the post-process tab executes after the job completes. Therefore, The next task has already started before the response can be published. Is there a way to better pass my rest response or delay the start of the next task until the post-process tab has finished? I don't understand why the post-process tab of the previous job wouldn't execute before the next task. I tried putting the output into a variable but when the next task checks the variable, its empty. Running the task again works since the variable has already been filled by the end of the previous workflow run.

• 2.  RE: Problem With Rest Agent and Post-Process Tab
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2020 01:59 AM
    Hi Dillion,
    have the checked that 'Generate Task At *Runtime*' is configured for all involved Jobs and Workflows?
    It would explain the strange behavior
    Regards
    Kay

------------------------------
    Sr. Solution Architect
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------