Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  PGP Encryption with Automic

Posted Jul 10, 2019 12:00 PM
    I saw a couple threads talking about PGP encryption and the use of gpg4win with Automic. I am needing to set up a process that encrypts files before they are SFTP'd to their final destination. I am planning to use gpg4win on our Windows server that has an Automic agent installed. The gpg4win seems to be profile specific so I ended up logging into the server with the account I use in Automic and importing the keys. Once I did that I was able to list the keys with an Automic Win job using the gpg command line. 

When you use gpg4win with automic, do you use the gpg command line option or the kleopatra command line options? How do you handle the need for a passphrase when using the command line to encrypt and decrypt? We have Gpg4win 3.1.9 installed on the server.

• 2.  RE: PGP Encryption with Automic

Posted Jul 10, 2019 12:46 PM
    We've boiled it down to two utility jobs that we re-use with the help of promptset variables;

Our ENCRYPT process looks like this;
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG\pub\gpg.exe" --recipient "&RECIPIENT#" --encrypt "&FILENAME#"

&RECIPIENT# = The name of the desired kleopatra key.
    &FILENAME# = fully pathed name of the file we want to encrypt.

And our DECRYPT process looks like this;
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG\pub\gpg.exe" --output "&OUTPUT#" --decrypt "&FILENAME#"

&OUTPUT# = fully pathed name of the file we want to create.
    &FILENAME# = fully pathed name of the file we want to decrypt.

• 3.  RE: PGP Encryption with Automic

Posted Jul 10, 2019 12:48 PM
    I think there is an additional passphrase option, but we don't use it.  There is already pretty good security around this simply by making sure it is running on a server that has limited access.