Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  AWI Login no longer possible

Posted Apr 06, 2020 09:18 AM
    Hi Community

is there any reason that login to AWI (for version 12.3.2) would just stop working? the error i'm getting doesn't give me any clues (see bellow) and i'm fairly sure the attempted login is not being sent to the server ('ve tried incorrect passwords too) … Any ideas of where to start will be appreciated, I've logged a support ticket and will post details if that resolves this issue

• 2.  RE: AWI Login no longer possible

Posted Apr 06, 2020 09:21 AM

try to Restart the jcp procress

• 3.  RE: AWI Login no longer possible

Posted Apr 06, 2020 09:46 AM
    I get the same error after a restart of JCP

• 4.  RE: AWI Login no longer possible

Posted Apr 06, 2020 09:48 AM
    hi
    theres no screenshot or visible error....

Do at least 1 or 2 WPs and CPs run?

cheers, Wolfgang

------------------------------
    Support Info:
    if you are using one of the latest version of UC4 / AWA / One Automation please get in contact with Support to open a ticket.
    Otherwise update/upgrade your system and check if the problem still exists.

• 5.  RE: AWI Login no longer possible

Posted Apr 06, 2020 09:49 AM
    one additional hint:

a good start are WP & CP logs (especially PWP log for any general or global  errors) 

AWI log and catalina log can be helpful as well to have a look at...

Support Info:
    if you are using one of the latest version of UC4 / AWA / One Automation please get in contact with Support to open a ticket.
    Otherwise update/upgrade your system and check if the problem still exists.

• 6.  RE: AWI Login no longer possible

Posted Apr 06, 2020 10:10 AM
    Thanks for the hints Frank will give them a try, not sure what is happening with the screenshots i'm posting it seems to take for ages for my browser to respond and then nothing is attached (maybe its a Monday thing) will go through the steps and will let you know thanks! also to @markus for your help earlier :-)​​

• 7.  RE: AWI Login no longer possible

Posted Apr 06, 2020 06:06 PM
    How about logging into your tomcat server and restarting the AWI application from the Tomcat Manager App? Might that work?

• 8.  RE: AWI Login no longer possible
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 07, 2020 07:11 AM
    Just a reminder :

You need at least the following components active :

- WP  =>  a few ones, so you can have at least one DWP running
    - CP  =>  minimum 2 but it really depends on your configuration (number of agents, users, API used, etc ...)
    - JWP =>  with enough memory because it is a big user of RAM
    - JCP  =>  same as above for the JWP
    - Tomcat  =>  VERY large memory usage as internal java processes are known to keep memory even when they don't need it anymore. Recycle on regular basis to keep performance acceptable ....

Last but not least, check that the search index build by the JWP are effectively refreshed. Maybe it can have an impact on your login process if JWP/JCP are busy trying to complete internal tasks like index refresh/rebuild with small amount of memory available.

Hope this can help.

Regards.

Alain