Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

how to identify jobs witch contains a chain of characters in their process script?

• 1.  how to identify jobs witch contains a chain of characters in their process script?

Posted Aug 09, 2019 12:03 PM
    hello

how to identify jobs witch contains a chain of characters in their process script ?
    i suppose the best is to request the database but i don't know this design ( the name ans the design of the tables )

Best regards

------------------------------

• 2.  RE: how to identify jobs witch contains a chain of characters in their process script?

Posted Aug 09, 2019 12:05 PM
    ​Hello.

AWI -> Advanced Search -> Add Filter Criteria -> Object Contents -> Checkbox "Search in: Process", then search string in the "Object Content" search field.

Hth,

• 3.  RE: how to identify jobs witch contains a chain of characters in their process script?

Posted Aug 12, 2019 11:56 AM
      |   view attached
    Hello and thank you but i dont find "advanced Search" on my automic Web interface .
    can you send a screenshot?
    could the administrator not have installed it?

Thanks a lot

• 4.  RE: how to identify jobs witch contains a chain of characters in their process script?

Posted Aug 13, 2019 03:13 AM
    Hi,
    here you're
    global search

Thx & rgds
    Christian

• 5.  RE: how to identify jobs witch contains a chain of characters in their process script?

Posted Aug 13, 2019 08:44 AM
      |   view attached
    Hello
    i cant see it 
    maybe we need a special plug in ?
    best regards

• 6.  RE: how to identify jobs witch contains a chain of characters in their process script?

Posted Aug 13, 2019 09:33 AM
    Hi,
    no, IMHO there is no special plugin needed.
    You only need access for process assembly.
    What do you see when you click in the search box?

Thx & rgds
    Christian

• 7.  RE: how to identify jobs witch contains a chain of characters in their process script?

Posted Aug 13, 2019 11:06 AM
    Hi

I have access to process assembly.
    When I click on the search area nothing happens I just have the possibility to enter a word .
    Maybe a problem of licensing or version of AWI ?

Best regards

• 8.  RE: how to identify jobs witch contains a chain of characters in their process script?

Posted Aug 14, 2019 03:45 AM
    Hi,

at first, that is no licensing problem. I think you should check your installation
    * AWI (Version fits to Server Version etc.) (check tomcat log files etc.)
    * JCP is running correctly
    * JWP is running correctly
    no matter how, but you should get this drop down if you click into the searchbox even when you enter a word.
    may be, try another user with full rights to exclude a permission issue.

Thx & rgds
    Christian

• 9.  RE: how to identify jobs witch contains a chain of characters in their process script?

Posted Aug 14, 2019 07:23 AM
    Version 12.0 of the AWI does not have the advanced search.

• 10.  RE: how to identify jobs witch contains a chain of characters in their process script?

Posted Aug 14, 2019 07:52 AM
    Edited by Christian Boeck Aug 14, 2019 08:16 AM
    Hi Jared, 
    yes correct, adv. search comes up with version 12.1.

@philippe Buges for 12.0 you can use the old java interface, then you can use the old search for contents

Thx & rgds
    Christian

• 11.  RE: how to identify jobs witch contains a chain of characters in their process script?

Posted Aug 16, 2019 09:11 AM
    Thanks,

it's only works on "heavy client" ....awi is not dry.

Best Regards

• 12.  RE: how to identify jobs witch contains a chain of characters in their process script?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 14, 2019 10:26 AM
    You can abuse the JAVA client but know it wasn't designed to  work this way.   

Make sure search_script_for_usage is Y in your uc_client_settings.

Use the normal object search.   put  *searchterm*  in the name,  Search for usage of objects and click the box include script.

Even though its designed to find objects its really searching arbitrary text when you have to dive into the process blocks.

Now if your search team has spaces or other characters you can't use in an object name, you have to get creative with wild cards. "hello world"  search as *hello?world"

Again, this is abusing the system to do something it wasn't built for so results may vary.