Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Password Setting Issues Anyone?

Posted Jul 08, 2020 05:33 AM
    Hi.

I'm getting a suspicious number of reports about users, when having to change their Automic password periodically, not being able to log in with the new password that they themselves have set in the AWI. I am starting to suspect that there is some kind of misbehavior (or one could say a "bug").

But naturally, I am not going to ask people what their problematic password is, nor am I going to watch them type it, so this makes analysis difficult.

I have one user who assures me that his new password consists of exclusively US-ASCII, yet he has had the issue. Other users (i.e. me) had no issues performing the company-mandated 90 day password change in Automic.

So therefore: anyone else seeing a similar thing with their users and/or passwords?

Fwiw, we dabbled in AD integration recently but couldn't get it to work, so our password are still "native" Automic passwords.

Cheers.

• 2.  RE: Password Setting Issues Anyone?

Posted Jul 08, 2020 06:13 AM
    Hi Carsten,

so the password change seems to work (no error message in return) but the users are not able to log in using the new password?

Does the issue occure if you let one user change the password via Administration/edit user object/change password?

BTW: on my system (AE 12.3.2+hf.2) I don't have issues changin the password.

br,
    Peter

• 3.  RE: Password Setting Issues Anyone?

Posted Jul 08, 2020 06:20 AM
    We are currently on 12.3.1.GA01-dev-feature-12.3.1-GA01-93293 by the way.

We used to run 12.3.2+hf2 (or was it +hf1? not sure ...) as well, but we had to downgrade due to that issue of 12.3.2. shredding SAP and SQL jobs.
    ​​​

• 4.  RE: Password Setting Issues Anyone?

Posted Jul 08, 2020 06:16 AM
    Hey Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

You are correct: Two users claim that after changing their passwords in the "your password has expired, set a new one" dialog, they could not login with the newly chosen password, but there were no error messages either.

When I set the password via admin panel for them, it works, or at least I have set a few and not gotten any complaints yet. But due to company policy, I need to set the "change password at next login" check mark when I do this, and when they change it again, that's when they claim the problem arises.

Br,
    Carsten