Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Linux Service Manager and Agents on 12.3.1

Posted Mar 20, 2020 09:02 AM
    Good Morning,
    With our test system now on 12.3.1, I'm updating all Agents to be the most current build as well.

The Windows Agents updated with no issues and I can see them in the new Service Manager as well, however, when updating the Linux Agents, they will start to run, but there are no log files, and nothing else seems to work.

I've been looking around through documentation, and reinstalling even from scratch, but still having no luck with this.

Has anyone encountered any issues with updating their Linux Agents to 12.3.1?  

Thanks!
    Tina

• 2.  RE: Linux Service Manager and Agents on 12.3.1

Posted Mar 20, 2020 06:11 PM
    We had problems with the unix agent when we upgraded to 12.3.0 about 6 months ago.  The unix agent at this level has bugs.

Our solution (as advised by support) was to use the 12.2.3 unix agent.  There have been some similar discussions in this forum and I think there may be a 12.2.4 or higher that works well too?

------------------------------
    Pete
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Linux Service Manager and Agents on 12.3.1
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 23, 2020 01:39 PM
    Thanks for the feedback!

So far, as the users are testing, we are OK with 12.3.1 (it's only been a few days so we will see how things go).  We had been traditionally installing the Agents and Service Manager by copying over existing files from a working Agent.  For us, when doing this, the Service Manager was not starting so we had to extract the tar directly on each of the Linux servers, modify the smc/smd files and we were good to go after that.
    Luckily, we do not have too many Linux agents and hoping that we can use the CAU in future updates.