Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Questions: New to RESP API

Posted Dec 03, 2019 07:27 PM
    I've been asked to open up access to the RESP API, and have just started looking at what it will take to do so.  I see one needs to configure the [RESP] section in the UCSRV.INI for use by the JCP.  And I see one can stand up a separate JCP for this if they choose.   

Does everyone spin up a new JCP to support this, or do some datacenters use the "Single JCP" option I saw in the documentation? (Just add it to the existing JCP)  this makes me curious to know what other services the JCP provides that could be negatively impacted if its workload is increased?

Related documentation;
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/french/ALL/components/DOCU/12.1/AWA%20Guides/Content/REST%20API/AE_REST_API_GeneralInfo.htm#Setting

We are on; V12.3.0 Windows/SQLServer

------------------------------
    Pete

• 2.  RE: Questions: New to RESP API

Posted Dec 04, 2019 09:28 AM
    We are active active and use a single JCP per AE server and then have a load balancer direct traffic to those.  We also monitor the availability of the JCP with an external dashboard using a command line curl call of:

:SET &LV_JCP_URL# = GET_VAR("VARA.STATIC.HEALTH_CHECK.DATA", "JCP2_URL", &PC_NUM#)
    curl -I -X GET &LV_JCP_URL#:8088/ae/api/v1/&$CLIENT#/system/health -H 'Accept: application/json' -H 'Authorization: Basic VUMvVUM6bDF2M2RhY3IzZDA='

The health check is crossed, AE1 checks JCP2 and vice versa.  The system/health api validates that there is adequate cp, wp, PWP etc.

Calling it JCP2 is a little of a stretch though with how the processes dynamically number themselves now.
    --

Scott Hughes

IT Network Services

O 949 286 7668
    M 505 373 7872
    7000 Central Blvd SW
    Albuqurque
    Albuqurque, New Mexico 87121

• 3.  RE: Questions: New to RESP API

Posted Dec 06, 2019 03:12 PM
    Edited by Pete Wirfs Dec 06, 2019 05:03 PM
    RESP API is working, but since I don't know what internal grants are required, it seems to only accept logons with my administrators credentials.

What are the minimum grant(s) required to allow a user to log on via this interface?

EDIT: I just realized the grant needs could be different for the different requests.  In my case I'm testing by executing the system/health request, and our users typically don't have access to that area within UC4.  I

Pete

• 4.  RE: Questions: New to RESP API

Posted Dec 07, 2019 12:20 PM
    Health request and status(?) are open without authentication.  Jobs and statistics and the like require a user in the client.  There is no special privilege like java api.  I do not know if AE object security applies, all my users are developers of sso solutions and have full access, we have no low privilege end users.

• 5.  RE: Questions: New to RESP API
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 09, 2019 10:30 AM
    Hi Pete,
    there are currently no REST specific permissions available but all the object permissions apply.
    The user need to to have the permissions to execute and view the Job report of the job.

The system health is different, this does not require a user because it is designated for load balancers and other system monitoring solutions
    Regrads
    Kay

Sr. Solution Architect
    Broadcom