Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Alert messaging

Posted Dec 03, 2020 09:39 AM
    Hi All,

We do have  a scenario where a job runs in recursive mode of every 2 hours interval(2:30 PM,4:30 PM) by having some of the predecessor Jobs which runs every 30 minutes of Interval.

For any reason if the Predecessor job didn't complete by 2:30 PM then  it will automatically skip the 2:30 PM Job. can we know how to send an alert messaging automatically if the job didn't run at 2:30 PM or 4:30 pm.

• 2.  RE: Alert messaging

Posted Dec 03, 2020 07:41 PM
    I would build and run a new workflow at the time you would want this alert to go out, like perhaps 2:45 and 4:45.  This workflow would have an alert task with a precondition rule that would check for completion of the desired task within the previous hour.  If it has completed then the alert step would be skipped.  Otherwise the alert task would be executed.

We have quite a few workflows like this in our systems.  It gives us piece of mind that important SLAs are not getting missed.

------------------------------
    Pete Wirfs
    SAIF Corporation
    Salem Oregon USA

• 3.  RE: Alert messaging

Posted Dec 03, 2020 07:45 PM
    I've got to add though, that the product also has a new built in SLO feature for satisfying this sort of need as well.  I've never used it because we've been happy with the above mentioned technique. But it is probably worth looking at.

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ALL/components/DOCU/12.3/Automic%20Automation%20Guides/help.htm#AWA/Objects/obj_SLO.htm?Highlight=sla

Pete Wirfs
    SAIF Corporation
    Salem Oregon USA

• 4.  RE: Alert messaging

Posted Dec 04, 2020 11:13 AM
    Thanks Pete will try your option.

• 5.  RE: Alert messaging

Posted Dec 28, 2020 09:52 AM

Hi Pete,

Can you please share an example how you used it ?I am working in the same way but i am not getting the Expected result.

• 6.  RE: Alert messaging

Posted Dec 30, 2020 01:20 AM

In one of our cases, we need to assure that a particular FTP task finished in a timely fashion.  If it does not finish on time, then we send an email to staff alerting them to the delay.  To accomplish this we built a new workflow with one email task and this precondition rule so it will only send the alert if we are late.  The 45 minute rule is unique to this particular use-case...  you will need to adjust your precondition rules accordingly.

Pete Wirfs
    SAIF Corporation
    Salem Oregon USA

• 7.  RE: Alert messaging

Posted Dec 30, 2020 08:33 AM

Thanks Pete for your Information and will make a try in the same way.