Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CallAPI Setup Problem

Posted Dec 13, 2019 11:58 AM
    Edited by Tim Osgood Dec 13, 2019 12:03 PM
    Good morning,

I am trying to setup the CallAPI functionality in v12.3.  I've done the folder setup for Windows and Java.  As part of the install instructions it says to register the dll.

I ran regsvr32 C:\Automic\CallAPI\windows\x64\ucxbwi3c.dll 
    I get an Error Code 0x80070005 message. 

When I look up the error, I find:  "Error Code 0x80070005-also known as 'Access Denied' error-is related to Windows updates. ...

The Windows update error code indicates that the system user doesn't have the required permission, or the system update is missing some critical files that are required for installing the update"

I have full admin rights on the server and regulaly do Windows updates.  Is there something I am missing?

*********************************************************************************************************************
    I found my own answer after posting this.  I was trying to run it from the RUN window which doesn't have an admin option.  When I opened the Command Prompt(Admin) and ran the command it successfully installed.

************************************************************************************************************************

------------------------------
    Developer
    State of Colorado
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: CallAPI Setup Problem
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 21, 2019 08:37 AM
    Hi,

Did you checked if this is a 64 or 32 bits version of the CallAPI ? On windows they are both named ucxbxxxc but shouls be named ucxbwi3c for 32 bits and ucxbwi6c for 64 bits. Don't ask me why someone never though about changing it in the package you download from the download center ....

And it may be that you are using the wrong version. If not, this is another story as you indicates with the admin right. But the CallAPI is normally build to be used by anyone to allow access to AE when needed. Installation done as administrator ? Directory with restricted access ? And many other places where you can have a need for an administrator right ...

regards.

Alain