Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How to find all changes that took place in Automation Engine in a year

Posted Oct 19, 2021 11:46 AM
    We have a requirement to find out all changes that were made in the Automation Engine in the past year. 
    1) Is there a way we can get a list of objects that were moved to our production environment(xml imports)?
    2) Is there a query that can be used to find out all the objects which were either created or changed over the course of the year?

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Kumar

• 2.  RE: How to find all changes that took place in Automation Engine in a year

Posted Oct 19, 2021 11:09 PM
    @Pete Wirfs kindly suggest. ​​

• 3.  RE: How to find all changes that took place in Automation Engine in a year

Posted Oct 20, 2021 11:09 AM
    Edited by Pete Wirfs Oct 20, 2021 11:18 AM

I do not have any ready-made solutions for these requests.  As mentioned by others it might be possible to data-mine what you are looking for from the OH table provided you have "Version Management" turned on so that older versions of objects still exist with the delete flag turned on.  But I'm not sure it would provide a clear picture of everything that was changed on say, a given day from a year ago.

We do run UCYBDBRT once-a-day to report the previous 24 hours of changes into a csv file, and we save these csv files for a few years.  Note that constantly changing objects, such as SYNC and VARA objects that are being automatically updated, appear on these extracts as well.  But even this csv extract doesn't show the whole picture because if an object was updated 5 times, it will only show the last update.

Pete Wirfs
    SAIF Corporation
    Salem Oregon USA

• 4.  RE: How to find all changes that took place in Automation Engine in a year
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 20, 2021 01:07 AM
    Hi Kumar,

re (1):
    an import event is logged in case that OBJECT_AUDIT has already been activated for the client. You can use the RevisionReport utility to extract corresponding entries.

re (2):
    kindly check the database schema page esp. OH_CrDate and OH_ModDate

regards,
    Peter

• 5.  RE: How to find all changes that took place in Automation Engine in a year

Posted Oct 20, 2021 07:02 AM
    I would even add to Peter's suggestion that if you have Version Management turned on and depending on how long you keep those records, you can view all objects that have had any changes by running a query and looking for objects with a "oh_deleteflag=2".  Add a date parameter so you will only get those that were changed during your required timeframe.

Note: The objects will have an additional suffix added to the names so that they are unique for the client.

• 6.  RE: How to find all changes that took place in Automation Engine in a year

Posted Oct 20, 2021 11:21 AM
    Ok I was able to find a simple solution using some of the methods you suggested. 
    select OH_Name, OH_Otype, OH_CrDate
    from OH
    where OH_CrDate > '2021-01-01'
    and OH_OType in ('JOBS', 'JOBP', 'JOBF', 'SCRI', 'EVNT')
    and OH_Client = 100
    and OH_DeleteFlag = 0
    order by OH_Name, OH_CrDate;
    Thanks you all for your help.