Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  ftp transfer using two wildcards

Posted Mar 18, 2020 03:46 PM
    I have been given a task to pick up files from a vendor and the beauty of it is not only does the file contain a unique identifier at the front end but also a timestamp down to seconds. And I only get to pull files once a day.  e.g. 312371000_24_822_TestFile_20200318081457.pdf
    I tired using wildcards at the front and back which really doesn't work e.g. *TestFile*.pdf
    In other words how do I get a file to be recognized and transferrred if I can't strip off all the unique data?

• 2.  RE: ftp transfer using two wildcards

Posted Mar 18, 2020 08:09 PM
    What FTP software are you using?  If I remember correctly, I think native FTP does not support wildcards, but the optional RAFTP agent for Automic does.

If you're FTP tool doesn't support wildcards, then you may have to solve this the old fashioned way; return a report of what files exist, scrape the report to select candidate files,  build a ftp transfer command for each one, and execute them.

------------------------------
    Pete
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: ftp transfer using two wildcards
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 19, 2020 09:52 AM
    We use that functionality quite a lot and it works for us, Though I think we only use the * at one end of the name, not both.
    Are you getting any errors returned in the report log?

One thing to note is that Windows file names are not case sensityive but Unix (or variations) are so if your file is called *testfile*.pdf (or even PDF) your file will not be found.

Took me 3 days to work that out :-(