Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Release notifications

Posted Oct 22, 2019 05:53 AM
    Hi,

How can I receive notifications when new releases, hotfixes etc. are available for Download?

In the past announcements were made in separate threads for Products, such as AE and components, such as RA Agents..but I cannot find this anymore..

/Keld.

• 2.  RE: Release notifications

Posted Oct 23, 2019 09:47 AM
    Hi Keld,
    I opened a support ticket 2 weeks ago with that excat same question.
    Their answer was not satifying.
    Right now we do not offer any active communication regarding new release/service packs/hot fixes.
    The easiest way is to check our release notes on a regular basis. ​

------------------------------
    Best regards,
    Thierry

Banque de Luxembourg

• 3.  RE: Release notifications

Community Manager
    Posted Oct 25, 2019 03:01 PM
    Hello Keld,

You can still sign up for product notifications through the product subscriptions.  You can set this up on the support portal, under My Account --> Subscriptions.

Thanks

Diane Craddock
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 4.  RE: Release notifications

Posted Oct 26, 2019 04:21 AM
    Hi

On support portal  https://www.broadcom.com/mybroadcom/ I do not find "my account" but only "my broadcom".
    here I do not find any possibility to enter my product.

can you help please?

THX Wolfgang

I know I do really know it!

• 5.  RE: Release notifications

Posted Oct 28, 2019 05:35 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz Oct 28, 2019 05:35 AM
    Hey Wolfgang,

​Go to support.ca.com (ignore the broken SSL certificate that some browsers complain about since today), it redirects you to the Broadcom site.

Sign in.

You'll see "My account" -> "Subscriptions".

I can't send you a screenshot of that screen because Broadcom currently says we have no support (or rather, they allowed us to have support until 2019-10-31, but can't get the support portal working for us regardless). But I remember it having checkboxes for products. If you do, however, expect to get a steady stream of information on open issues for your chosen product then, at least the past begs to differ. But hey, give it a shot.

hth,

• 6.  RE: Release notifications

Posted Oct 28, 2019 05:46 AM
    Hi @Diane Craddock,

I'm already subscribing ​but I cannot recall to have received ANY notifications via that channel.
    In the past, product updates and component updates were posted in the community by the AWA Community Manager. As an example, pls see this link:

https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=1435&MessageKey=541a62c5-1b76-4ab2-93f1-4ac0599f9f20&CommunityKey=2e1b01c9-f310-4635-829f-aead2f6587c4&tab=digestviewer

• 7.  RE: Release notifications

Posted Oct 28, 2019 07:50 AM
    Me neither.​

• 8.  RE: Release notifications

Community Manager
    Posted Oct 28, 2019 09:14 AM
    Hi Keld,

Thank you for letting me know.  I will take that on as well then!  My apologies for not doing this before.

Thanks
    Diane

Diane Craddock
    Broadcom Inc.

• 9.  RE: Release notifications

Posted Oct 28, 2019 11:52 AM
    Hi Diane.

Here's a bit of background:

Literally dozens of people​, most prominently organized in the German-speakign Automic User Association ("FOKUS") have repeatedly backed a request for Automic, then CA and lately (in April 2019) Broadcom to provide some kind of subscription service for their particular Automic software (and version). A survey recently conducted also indicated a strong call for such a facility.

While we had forum posts announcing new releases in the past, that's just part of it. People also asked for proactive emails to inform them about e.g. new-found issues identified specific to their respective software version. Which would, and that probably complicates matters somewhat, partly neccessitate more comprehensible change logs for Automic in the first place.

After hearing that CA possesses no software to enable people to sign up and register their software version, and quite frankly refuting that, we ended up at a point where CA said they will investigate this for the future.

Cheers,
    Carsten

• 10.  RE: Release notifications

Community Manager
    Posted Oct 29, 2019 09:33 AM
    Thank you for the background Carsten!

Yes - since we do not today have a way to track customers and their installed version, it would be a lot to communicate every new found problem to our entire customer base.  We will continue to post new releases and versions as well as EOS announcements, however, until we have a way to list customers by installed version, we cannot push announcement of new found bugs/fixes.  We will continue to work on this and see how we can better communicate such things.

Thanks again!
    Diane

Diane Craddock
    Broadcom Inc.