Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

CallAPI from AS400 does not work when object name contains @

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  CallAPI from AS400 does not work when object name contains @

    Posted 09-03-2019 09:36 AM
    hello,

    we upgraded lately our system to version 12.2 and now facing an issue with the CallAPI from AS400.
    we want to run an object which contain @ in it's name.
    the char @ is translated to a ​section sign (@) and therefore the activation does not work.
    the same activation is working just fine in our old environment (version 10).

    we checked the AS400 host table code (EBCDIC_000273) and it didn't change.

    anyone is familiar with this object and can spread some light?

    Many thanks,
    Ella


  • 2.  RE: CallAPI from AS400 does not work when object name contains @

    Posted 15 days ago
    One of our customers also faces a problem with the CallAPI (V12). But it isn't possible to connect at all. Did you also experienced that? Did you have to adjust your configuration to connect?

    ------------------------------
    Senior Consultant
    setis GmbH
    ------------------------------



  • 3.  RE: CallAPI from AS400 does not work when object name contains @

    Posted 15 days ago
    As a possible workaround, could you try using your prior version of the callapi utility?

    We are on v12.3/windows, but we left our callapi utility at v11.2 because we didn't see any compelling reason to upgrade it.   All we had to change was its ini-file.

    ------------------------------
    Pete
    ------------------------------



  • 4.  RE: CallAPI from AS400 does not work when object name contains @

    Posted 10 days ago
    It is actually the Java CallAPI (uccall3.jar) which is used. Neither a V9 nor a V12.1 CallAPI can connect to AE V12.1 from POWER9 servers.

    ------------------------------
    Senior Consultant -- setis GmbH
    ------------------------------



  • 5.  RE: CallAPI from AS400 does not work when object name contains @
    Best Answer

    Posted 9 days ago
    Hi,

    we know the problem with CallAPI on z/OS. To my knowledge, a colleague solved the problem by setting the object name in JCL to 3 inverted commas. Maybe he also had to adjust the code table used for this - but this could have had another cause

    Good luck,
    Tim

    ------------------------------
    Automation Evangelist
    Fiducia & GAD IT AG
    ---
    Mitglied des deutschsprachigen Automic-Anwendervereins FOKUS e.V.
    Member of the German speaking Automic user association FOKUS e.V.
    ------------------------------