Automic Workload Automation

View Only

Automic MVS Agent install to V12.0.2

• 1.  Automic MVS Agent install to V12.0.2

Posted Nov 13, 2019 10:50 AM

Hello,

I upgraded MVS Agent to one of our customers test system based on this documentation:

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AWA/12.0/DOCU/12.0/AWA%20Guides/help.htm#AE_AWA_Source/Installation/ucaajq.htm

I do the very same steps for the same customer's production system and the upgrade failed. I encountered two errors during the upgrade ,

which I could not correct.

The first one was the allocation of Keystore dataset for the Agent. The customer did a Key renewal on Automation engine, due to the HLQ change on the z/OS system. This step was successfully done on the test system. On the prod system the following message occurred, and the agent did not start:

-PROCSTEP RC
    - UCEX       255
    20191112/105511.123 - U02005078 PROD
    20191112/105511.711 - U02000101 //'SYS1.UC4.PROD.V1202HF2.KEYSTORE'!

Which means: "Access to KeyStore '&01' not possible.

The KeyStore could not be opened. Please check if the KeyStore exists or authenticate the agent again."

The Keystore did not allocated to the system, the customer did Keyrenewal several times. After this message I manually allocated the keystore, the agent starts, but the Keystore dataset was empty, which I guess would be a flaw.

My second error encounter was with the worklog datasets for both Agent and Event Monitor task:

LOG_Reorg rename(//'SYS1.UC4.PROD.EX.WORK.LOG00',//'SYS1.UC4.PROD.EX.WORK.LOG01') error
    LOG_Reorg error: 51 - EDC5051I An error occurred when renaming a file.
    LogFile open Error: EDC5061I An error occurred when attempting to define a file to the system. (errno2=0xC00B0402)

The logging name was SYS1.UC4.PROD.EX.WORK.LOG## for the Agent

SYS1.UC4.PROD.EM.WORK.LOG## for the Event Monitor. But no logs were created at all when the tasks started. I manually a pre-allocated them, but all I achieved was the allocated SYS1.UC4.PROD.EX.WORK.LOG00 was renamed to SYS1.UC4.PROD.EX.WORK.LOG01, and still the error message LogFile open Error: EDC5061I An error occurred when attempting to define a file to the system. (errno2=0xC00B0402) persisted.

Finally, I had to do a fallback to the previous version.

Could You please help me? What could be the error here with the Keystore, the proper allocation of WOR.KLOG## datasets, and what is this

UNIX based error message EDC5061I at all?

I am waiting for your feedback!

Many Thanks!

Best Regards,
    Daniel Kler