Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Transport from higher to lower UC4 version

Posted Jan 22, 2020 04:45 AM
    Hi Team,

can some one please confirm if we can transport objects from Higher UC4 version to Lower UC4 version? If yes, how this can be done? xml or dbload or any other method

Many thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Transport from higher to lower UC4 version

Posted Jan 22, 2020 01:18 PM
    Edited by Pete Wirfs Jan 22, 2020 01:18 PM
    I think I used the xml method once.  I had to edit the xml file with notepad and modify the version information so that the lower UC4 would accept it.  (I sometimes use this trick when importing code that people have posted in these forums too.)

If there are higher features being used in the transferred objects, I suspect they would probably be ignored by the import into the lower.  So you can't be sure it will load everything you expect it to.

------------------------------
    Pete

• 3.  RE: Transport from higher to lower UC4 version
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 24, 2020 12:51 PM
    In my knowledge the transport case from an higher version cannot be loaded in a lower version, there is some internal checks of the transport file first and there is somewhere a reference to the version of the DB used when generating the file.

For XML, it is effectively possible to change the tag with the version number in the file.xml. Just be careful that some objects are quite different between a version 12.3 and a version 9 i.e. =-). Normally unknown tags are simply ignored but this may also generate an error during the import process sometime if there is an incompatible structure modification.

Regards.

Alain

• 4.  RE: Transport from higher to lower UC4 version

Posted Jul 08, 2022 07:35 PM
    has anyone done an export from 21.0.3 to 21.3.6 or close to it and had any issues by changing the version in the XML file?

• 5.  RE: Transport from higher to lower UC4 version

Posted Jul 09, 2022 03:08 AM
    Yes, you can import it by changing the version number.

In the first line, you have to change the last 3 digits according to the lower version.
    ex:
    V08 12.3 TRANSPORT OH 0000000002 011

Dominic I

• 6.  RE: Transport from higher to lower UC4 version

Posted Jul 11, 2022 01:44 AM
    Mine is different.
    V08 12.3 TRANSPORT OH 0000000010 018

How do I know what is the right 3 digit since you have something different?  I assume I have to change the version at the beginning as well, from 21.0 to 12.3 as well?

• 7.  RE: Transport from higher to lower UC4 version

Posted Jul 11, 2022 02:57 AM
    Transport a object from both environment(21 and 12.3) and compare the last 3 digits.

Dominic I