Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  12.3.1 - A few random issues

Posted Mar 31, 2020 11:29 AM
    Good Morning,
    We've been on 12.3.1 in our dev environment for a few weeks now and things are going well.
    There are a few items that I'm wondering if anyone else has had any issues with:

CallAPI
    We are using the Java CallAPI on one of our Linux servers (the Linux based one started giving us grief), and when trying the latest 12.3.1 version, we have the Java mismatch error.  I was going to try 12.2.5 to see if that works instead as we do not have authority to just install OpenJDK on this server.  Has anyone been working successfully with a lower version of this Agent?  I was also thinking of just copying the OpenJDK binaries to a different folder and pointing the script to use that, but not sure if that's a great idea in this case.

Memory Dumps During Regular Patching
    We had our routine monthly OS patching this past weekend, and though the system came back up as expected, the JCP log was full of memory dumps.  For example:

U00009907 Memory dump 'No receiver for message EXAKTJ' (Address='n/a', Length='004696')

U00009907 Memory dump 'Unknown message from AUTOM#CP001' (Address='n/a', Length='000099')

All Agents were online, but in the AWI, we could not see a handful of random Agents in the Agents window.  in this case, I restarted the JCP and everything has been fine since, but just wondering if we need to take different steps now when doing routine patching or if there is an unexpected shutdown.

If anyone has come across these before, please let me know.  
    Thanks!

• 2.  RE: 12.3.1 - A few random issues

Posted Apr 01, 2020 02:48 AM

​More Random Issues:

Hirachical / List view Option is not saved during a session. Every time you get back to "Process Monitoring" it is set back to "hirachical".
    That worked out in all previous Versions. So it's a Bug. The aswer by the support is: "open a product enhancement".

------------------------------
    IT Experte Geschäftsprozesssteuerung
    comdirect bank AG
    ---
    Mitglied des deutschsprachigen Automic-Anwendervereins FOKUS e.V.
    Member of the German speaking Automic user association FOKUS e.V.

• 3.  RE: 12.3.1 - A few random issues
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 01, 2020 07:37 AM
    Hi @Nils Hesselink,

I have already submitted this as an enhancement request, pls vote for it here:
    https://community.broadcom.com/participate/ideation-home/viewidea?IdeationKey=183435cf-8fee-41c6-891e-b776c7f25ff2

/Keld.

• 4.  RE: 12.3.1 - A few random issues

Posted Apr 08, 2020 03:59 PM
    Thanks for the feedback!  

We did get callAPI working, but went down to the 12.2.5 release and then pointed it to Java 1.8.  We will revisit this at a later date when they do any updates on the server where this CallAPI resides.

For our second issue, I was advised by support to increase Java for both the JWP and JCP.  It was set to the default 512MB so doubled it for now, and will do the same when we upgrade production in a few weeks.  Has anyone else had to change their Java settings for JWP/JCP?  I asked for recommendations, but was advised that there is not a specific one, but to increase and see how it goes.

• 5.  RE: 12.3.1 - A few random issues

Posted Apr 08, 2020 08:05 PM
    Edited by Pete Wirfs Apr 08, 2020 08:12 PM
    We have one JWP and one JCP, and they both have a -Xmx2G parameter.  

Regarding CALLAPI we run the Windows version and saw no reason to even attempt to upgrade it between V11 and V12.  The V11 version works fine for us.  We had hired a consultant to assist us with our upgrade, and he had suggested there was no reason to upgrade it.  It was his opinion that it hadn't changed.

Pete

• 6.  RE: 12.3.1 - A few random issues

Posted Apr 09, 2020 04:03 PM
    I've done some thinking and updated ours to 2g as well for the JWP and JCP.  We do have the capacity to handle it and I know production will need this higher value anyways.
    Thanks for the feedback!