View Only
  • 1.  PostgreSQL

Posted Jul 14, 2020 11:09 AM
      |   view attached
    Hello,

We have a setup Architecture containing the following :

- AE Engine on Redhat Linux 7
    - AE Database PostgreSQL 10 on Redhat Linux 7

While installing the Automic.Workload.Automation_12.2.6, the test with the database is successful, after applying the postgreSQL requirement, we set the encoding to UTF8, but the setup fail to complete and show the following error  :

java.lang.Exception: Last lines of DBLoad:
    20200714/124854.435 - U00021104 ' 2' records loaded in table 'UC_MSGKD'.
    20200714/124854.435 - U00021103 Table UC_MSGL was exported on: 2020-05-29 18:29:31
    20200714/124854.439 - U00021104 ' 3' records loaded in table 'UC_MSGL'.
    20200714/124854.439 - U00021103 Table UC_MSGT was exported on: 2020-05-29 18:29:31
    20200714/124854.441 - U00003590 UCUDB - DB error: 'ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xdc 0x62', '', '', ''
    20200714/124854.441 - U00003592 UCUDB - Status: '22021' Native error: '3452617' Msg: 'invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xdc 0x62'
    20200714/124854.441 - U00003594 UCUDB Ret: '6' opcode: 'UPWC' SQL Stmnt: 'UPDATE UC_MSGT SET MSGT_Desc = ? WHERE MSGT_Type = ?'
    20200714/124854.441 - U00038132 An error occurred. Please check the log file.
    20200714/124854.441 - U00000006 DEADLOCK or Connection to database lost - Rollback handling initiated. See previous messages.
    Application return code = 1

at com.automic.installer.api.ae.components.Utility.loadDatabase(Utility.java:72)
    at com.automic.installer.api.ae.components.Utility.loadLatestDatabase(Utility.java:62)
    at com.automic.installer.api.actions.ae.ExecuteDBLoad.run(ExecuteDBLoad.java:15)
    at com.automic.installer.api.common.engine.InstallerAction.start(InstallerAction.java:44)
    at com.automic.installer.api.common.engine.InstallerEngine$2.run(InstallerEngine.java:97)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Kind Regards,

Attachment(s)

log
    install.log   1.31 MB 1 version

• 2.  RE: PostgreSQL

Posted Jul 14, 2020 11:34 AM
    Edited by med87 Jul 15, 2020 10:57 AM
    Hi.

Interesting. This is an installation attempt with their "ONE Installer" I suppose?

I don't know if it's something with your setup or if Automic has a bug or an oversight. In any case, I recommend using the latest release if possible, not 12.2.6. Even if you need 12.2.6, you may want to try the latest 12.3.x regardless, see if it exhibits the same problem.

While I do have the table UC_MSGT in my installation files, I can't find the SQL statement it struggles with for you in my own db/ folder where Automic keeps the sql files it initializes the database with. I suspect this is because it's probably one of the many extra "packs" that the ONE Installer seems to bring with it. So I can't check on my end if the source file may be faulty.

If you are certain your Postgres DB is set to accept UTF8, you can try this:

find /opt/Automic/Automation.Platform/Utility/db -type f -exec grep "UPDATE UC_MSGT SET MSGT_Desc" {} \;

(edit: fixed typo!)

If the ONE installer doesn't clean up after itself, this would hopefully find the source .sql file where the statement is contained in. Then, do a file command on the file it finds. If it says "binary" as opposed to "UTF8 text" when Automic likely has a bug in their distribution in that release. If it does say "UTF8 text" though, the search continues ...

The UPDATE query here also is a prepared statement, further complicating things. It might take its input from somewhere else, in that case the easiest is probably to try a newer release also.

Hth,

------------------------------
    # signature.sh --verbose=[true|false]
    # no configurables beyond this point, only signature

Calendar Quote of the Month:
    "The point of a DR test with a remote site is usually to be operational when your main site gets flooded / set on fire / invaded by Ninjas at an inconvenient moment."

Did you know?
    Using the slide show widget for posting individual images is wrong! Please use the "insert image" button in the editor.

Pro Tip: I will NOT respond to PM asking for help unless there's an actual reason to keep the discussion off of the public forums!

'Efficient Solutions Monthly Magazine' says:
    "Asking questions the right way never hurts!"

Here, have some tips:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

• 3.  RE: PostgreSQL

Posted Jul 15, 2020 04:37 AM
    Hello Carsten Schmitz,

Thank you for your quick reply, i'll try the latest version as you suggested, i am downloading the 12.3 now, and i'll see if the issue will still persist.

Kind Regards,

• 4.  RE: PostgreSQL

Posted Jul 14, 2020 11:49 AM
    Also, I was trying to download "ONE Installer" for 12.2.6 to have a look myself, but downloads.automic.com is too broken.

Did you download it recently or some time ago? If you let me know what component and sub-component you chose for your download, I might have a look at it tomorrow, time permitting. No promises.

• 5.  RE: PostgreSQL

Posted Jul 15, 2020 06:35 AM
      |   view attached
    Hello Carsten Schmitz,

Thank you for your help, i downloaded the latest version, and the install was successful, but another issue again :( the web GUI don't show up, at http://localhost:2217.

Also What are the command to show the service running or not ?

Kind Regards,

Attachment(s)

log
    install.log   1.71 MB 1 version

• 6.  RE: PostgreSQL

Posted Jul 15, 2020 07:20 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz Jul 15, 2020 07:25 AM
    Hi med87,

Sorry, I have no idea. I have literally never used their "ONE Installer" and I have no clue if it even installs a Java Application Server for the Web UI, or if you need to do that yourself. Whenever I install AWA/AWI, we do a manual install instead.

I can only suspect that it possibly installs a Tomcat. If that's the case, you could try port 8080 or 8443 on localhost. 2217 usually is a "communication process" port and will likely not be the port the web interface is listening on. Failing this, you could go looking for the actual listener, usually in a file such as server.xml, or look in netstat -a. But again, it all depends on what Broadcom has designed there, and I never use the ready-made installer.

If someone has more experience with the "ONE Installer", maybe someone else will chip in also.

Best regards.

# signature.sh --verbose=[true|false]
    # no configurables beyond this point, only signature

Calendar Quote of the Month:
    "The point of a DR test with a remote site is usually to be operational when your main site gets flooded / set on fire / invaded by Ninjas at an inconvenient moment."

Did you know?
    Using the slide show widget for posting individual images is wrong! Please use the "insert image" button in the editor.

Pro Tip: I will NOT respond to PM asking for help unless there's an actual reason to keep the discussion off of the public forums!

'Efficient Solutions Monthly Magazine' says:
    "Asking questions the right way never hurts!"

Here, have some tips:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

• 7.  RE: PostgreSQL
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 15, 2020 09:49 AM

AWI will show up when surfing to http://<myhost.local>:8080/awi

Port 2217 is used for the first CP.