Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Java API class to set Schedule Monitor task active/inactive

Posted Sep 02, 2020 09:59 AM
    In the AWI, it is possible to change the active flag of a task within an active schedule by clicking the Modify button in the schedule monitor, and selecting the task one wishes to modify, changing the status of the flag by clicking the Active check box, and then saving the modification.

What Java API class should we use to do the same thing? We want to change the active flag of a task within a running schedule. In other words, we want to set a Schedule Monitor task active or inactive.

Here is what we have found:
    • ScheduleTask is for working with tasks inside schedule objects.
      This class has a setter method, setActive(), that sets the active flag of the JSCH object to false (inactive) or true (active).

• ScheduleMonitor.Task is for working tasks inside active schedule tasks.
      This class does not have any setter methods.

• We also found ResetScheduleTask, but we're not sure what it does.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

P.S. As always, this topic highlights the inconsistent and ambiguous terminology used in this application. What does task mean? What does active mean? When I want to be unambiguous, what word should I use to indicate one meaning but not the other? It must be so confusing to new users.

• 2.  RE: Java API class to set Schedule Monitor task active/inactive

Posted Sep 23, 2020 11:09 AM
    Edited by Michael A. Lowry Sep 23, 2020 11:13 AM
    I captured a trace to see how the AWI makes modifications to schedules tasks.

It appears to use the class com.uc4.webui.communication.requests.ScheduleMonitorTask. This class can be found in the following location inside the AWI archive:
    • awi.war
      • WEB-INF/bundle/ecc-backends-ae.jar
        • com/uc4/webui/communication/requests/ScheduleMonitorTask.class
    This class is different from com.uc4.communication.requests.ScheduleMonitor.Task; it has several setter methods, including setActive().

From the looks of it, ecc-backends-ae.jar contains classes for AWI-AE functions for which there are no public APIs. So if there’s something you can do in the AWI, but cannot do via uc4.jar, the back-end APIs for these functions are likely defined in ecc-backends-ae.jar.

• 3.  RE: Java API class to set Schedule Monitor task active/inactive

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2020 02:59 AM
    Hi Michael,
    I had tried to find a solution when I was working on a Job Request Manager extension but ended up with the second best option.
    You can set the (Job) object itself as inactive it prevents the task execution but it does it in all occasions. So It works fine for jobs which get used by this schedule object only.

------------------------------
    Sr. Solution Architect
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Java API class to set Schedule Monitor task active/inactive

Posted Jan 14, 2021 05:19 AM
    Edited by Michael A. Lowry Jan 14, 2021 05:22 AM

This problem has been documented since at least as early as August 2017. The first enhancement request was opened by @Legacy User in January 2018.