Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  HCL Support for Production Upgrades

Posted Jun 26, 2020 04:02 PM
    Edited by Kenneth Hutchins Jun 27, 2020 08:35 AM
    I am new to the HCL process. I last worked with UC4 before CA took them over before AWI. 

Can anyone share how was working with HCL? I reached out to them about upgrading my prod environment from 12.1 to 12.3. Which will require migrating from Server 2016 and SQL 2016 to Server 2019 and SQL 2019. 

I recently built a 12.3 test sever using the Automic One Installer. And testing went fine. No real issues, even applied the HF 3. When I contacted Broadcom support for info on upgrading Prod, they told me I couldn't use the Automic One Installer for my production server build, and to reach out to HCL.

I am waiting to hear back from HCL. We are a small configuration shop. 2 windows servers which run the AE/AWI, one sql server for the automic db I run one AS400 (which was a bear to install/had to update the header for it to run with the 12.3 LIB) and 20 windows agents. 

I was going to try building Prod on my own, similar to what I use to do when I upgraded UC4 8 to 9. But figured I'd ask the group for advice since you've all been my life savers with certain issue Ive encountered with 12.1 etc. 

------------------------------
    DevOps Engineer
    ULLICO

• 2.  RE: HCL Support for Production Upgrades
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 29, 2020 09:47 AM
    I would begin by reaching out to your Broadcom account manager.  Our AM put us in touch with the correct HCL personnel to assist in our upgrade.  Good Luck.

• 3.  RE: HCL Support for Production Upgrades

Posted Jun 29, 2020 11:26 AM
    As Timothy suggested, we started with our Broadcom account manager.  We emphasized we wanted the same HCL technician that we had worked with in the past to reduce the learning curve.  Everyone worked together to make that happen, and our project went well.  There were just a few extra people involved to manage the contracts, etc.

Pete Wirfs
    SAIF Corporation
    Salem Oregon USA

• 4.  RE: HCL Support for Production Upgrades

Posted Jun 30, 2020 12:05 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I reached out as suggested and secured the CA technician who helped us 2 years ago.

DevOps Engineer
    ULLICO

• 5.  RE: HCL Support for Production Upgrades

Posted Jun 30, 2020 12:45 PM
    Is it Gene, by any chance?  😁

Pete Wirfs
    SAIF Corporation
    Salem Oregon USA

• 6.  RE: HCL Support for Production Upgrades

Posted Jun 30, 2020 09:02 PM
    No it's Joseph Rosal.

DevOps Engineer
    ULLICO

• 7.  RE: HCL Support for Production Upgrades

Posted Oct 08, 2020 03:33 PM
    Hi Pete, 

Joseph Rosal just did the requirements gathering and SOW. 

Gene actually did my install, and I cant complain. We finished with 20 hrs to spare. It was a dream update. 

We replaced our entire AE server DB infrastructure and agents. We are now running on 12.3.3.

DevOps Engineer
    ULLICO