Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Change Agent

Posted Sep 08, 2020 07:38 AM
    Hello everyone,
    I should change a server, which runs many jobs.

is there a way in atuomic CA 12.2 release to change Agent attribute to all jobs at once? or should I make this change job by job?

• 2.  RE: Change Agent
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 09, 2020 03:18 AM
    Hello Vincenzo,

in the Administration Perspective -> Agents you can select an agent with Right-Mouse-Click -> "Ersetzen" (engl. 'Replace'?), select the new agent and the objects you want to change.

I recommend trying this out in a test system first.

Have in mind: if the servers have different folder structures your JOBS/JOBF etc. may not work correctly.

Bye
    Bernhard

------------------------------
    Landeshauptstadt München
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Change Agent

Posted Sep 15, 2020 07:15 AM

You can also name the new agent on the new server with the same name and stop old agent then start new agent and it will route your jobs on the new server. just rename old agent immediately in its ini file to avoid trying to run two agents with the same name in case someone or something starts the old agent.

If you need simply to move the execution from server 1 to server 2 and keep both usable with their own agent each, the online replacement can be used (be careful of the numer of objects concerned by this modifification, it can impact seriously you AWI). You will have to do it client by client.

You can also do a selection based on the agent name (search for use) and export all objects from the search result in an XML file. It can find some objects where the agent is referenced but not replaced automatically (scripting, variable values, ...). Then replace the agent name by new agent name in the xml file and reload it. Check size and number of object you can export/import in the UC_SYSTEM_SETTINGS first to be sure to ba able to do it in one single run.

Regards.
    Alain