Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Invisible Objects in Workflows

Posted Sep 05, 2019 04:39 AM
    Hello,

we experienced a strange behavior in the AWI V12.2.1HF4. Sometimes it happens when our users open a workflow (Process Assembly or Process Monitoring) they can only see the start-object, end-object and the connection lines between the objects but not the objects itself. The objects are "invisible". On mouseover they get the popup with name and title, they can change properties of these objects etc.

We have to close the AWI - sometimes to reboot the computer to get rid of this problem.

This issue occurs on different workflows. As a comment from the support seeing the objects ist a "not implemented feature" and my ticket was closed!?!?!

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Greetings
    Bernhard Flegel

• 2.  RE: Invisible Objects in Workflows

Posted Sep 05, 2019 05:28 AM
    Hi.

First of, thanks for the laugh. That support quote, at least as given here, is comedy gold :)

As for the problem, I have seen something rather similar.

I have been sent this screenshot from 12.2.2+hf3 of a workflow that has no labels​.

The user told me this happens repeatedly in his Chrome browser, and afaik mouse-overs also still worked despite the missing labels. We advised him to try to clear the cache and/or restart the browser. Unfortunately he did not follow up with us, so I have no idea what came from this, but since he didn't respond any further, I'm left to assume it was not a persistent issue.

I have not filed a ticket. We have pretty much resigned to not file any tickets anymore for things that are low impact, not reliably reproducible and/or can be resolved by clearing the cache, since we have come to view the raising of these issues with support as mostly pointless.

If you are on a fast connection to the AWI server (LAN etc.), try disabling the browser cache entirely. This might help. Likewise, proxy servers can wreak all kinds of havoc with AWI (don't ask me how I know ... ;) thus try disabling the proxy server, if any. Disable any browser plugins and see if that helps, those can potentially interfere as well, especially a certain privacy add-on is well known with me for the crippling of web content.

Hth / best regards,
    Carsten

• 3.  RE: Invisible Objects in Workflows
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 06, 2019 01:19 AM
    Carsten, this feature is not implemented to stop editing your screenshots. I can clearly see that you have erased the objects text as you did with the tabs ;-). 

Instead of clearing the cache, the chrome incognito mode often works like a charm to check if it's a session issue.

------------------------------
    Swisscom & WorkflowCommander

• 4.  RE: Invisible Objects in Workflows

Posted Sep 06, 2019 02:50 AM
    @Joel Wiesmann oh man, I deliberately used the lame mspaint.exe spray can for our super secret object names in the tabs only this time​ (instead of the black or white solid blocks I normally paint over it) to avoid that exact notion :D

• 5.  RE: Invisible Objects in Workflows

Posted Sep 16, 2019 06:59 AM
    Hi,
    I watched the same bahavior on V12.3 (IE) and I opened a call. (Firefox works correctly)
    As soon as I get an answer from the Support I'll inform you too.

Thx & rgds
    Christian

• 6.  RE: Invisible Objects in Workflows

Posted Dec 04, 2019 03:31 AM
    Hi @all,

fyi - here is the result of the support ticket

We are using a third party library called CodeMirror for the Script Editor. 
    This library has this bug in IE11 in case a text is highlighted that the selection with mouse does not work.
    As workaround you can either use the mouse selection when no text is highlighted or use the SHIFT and Arrow Keys to select text.

This is a bug that we can't fix
    ​

so @Carsten Schmitz , please stop erasing the text out of the AWI  :-)

Thx & rgds
    Christian

• 7.  RE: Invisible Objects in Workflows

Posted Jan 02, 2020 05:00 AM
    ​I'm slightly confused because the support talks about a bug with selecting text, but neither the original report nor my similar issue involves selecting text.

But I'll just assume there's several bugs and hope that none of our users tries to enforce the company rule that every software has to work with IE11.

• 8.  RE: Invisible Objects in Workflows

Posted Dec 11, 2019 12:38 AM
    Edited by Tim Quakulinsky Dec 11, 2019 12:39 AM
    Hi,

I guess the support quote comes in reality from the Product Management :-)

Best regards,
    TimTime-shift
    Source: http://geek-and-poke.com/geekandpoke/2010/8/31/product-management-made-easy-part-1.html

Automation Evangelist
    Fiducia & GAD IT AG
    ---
    Mitglied des deutschsprachigen Automic-Anwendervereins FOKUS e.V.
    Member of the German speaking Automic user association FOKUS e.V.