Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

WP not starting in 12.3

• 1.  WP not starting in 12.3

Posted Mar 11, 2020 07:57 AM
    ​Weve upgrade our test system from 11.2 to 12.3 and the WP will not start. We get the following error:

UC4#WP002 will be shut down because its netarea differs from the netarea of the primary server (<> 'UC4')

I've set the netarea within the ini file to 'UC4' but continue to get this message. Is the WP even needed within 12.3? Has it been replaced by the JWP?

• 2.  RE: WP not starting in 12.3

Posted Mar 12, 2020 11:27 AM
    Hi

do you use 2 Servers?
    should be the same on both INI files as except you use PROXY component...

heres ours and we use the default (commented out):
    ; netarea: The name of the net area of the server processes
    ; Default value: Name of the AE system
    ; This value affects the CP selection of components such as agents. For more detailed information about this parameter, see chapter Net Areas in AE.
    ;
    ;netarea=

cheers, Wolfgang

------------------------------
    Support Info:
    if you are using one of the latest version of UC4 / AWA / One Automation please get in contact with Support to open a ticket.
    Otherwise update/upgrade your system and check if the problem still exists.

• 3.  RE: WP not starting in 12.3

Posted Mar 12, 2020 11:35 AM

This is our test system and we only use 1 server for test.

Normally, we also just leave it set to default but since I was getting the error I tried to force it to use 'UC4'.

I was unable to resolve the issue so I backed out of the upgrade and will attempt it again later.

Thanks for your response.

• 4.  RE: WP not starting in 12.3

Posted Mar 12, 2020 11:38 AM
    welcome :-)

just another thought: did you use the new INI files from 12.3 or did you copy the old ones from 11.2?
    If you copied the old ones this might have caused this issue.

cheers, WOlfgang

Support Info:
    if you are using one of the latest version of UC4 / AWA / One Automation please get in contact with Support to open a ticket.

• 5.  RE: WP not starting in 12.3

Posted Mar 12, 2020 11:49 AM

I used the new ini file for the 12.3 CP and WP but continued to use the old ini for the 11.2 CP and WP.

I installed the new 12.3 in a different bin directory.

Used the ZDU upgrade process

Performed the dbload and db check

The next step was to start the new CP and WP while the 11.2 were still running

The 12.3 CP started just fine but the WP would not and produced that error.

I see in the upgrade doco it states to use the same ini for both but I'm not sure how that works and which to use.

Thoughts?

• 6.  RE: WP not starting in 12.3

Posted Mar 12, 2020 12:01 PM
    hmm procedure seems ok but I must pass we use ZDu for SP installations only, major version upgrade we do the old way.

in both INIs is the same net area defined?

strange.....

cheers, Wolfgang

Support Info:

• 7.  RE: WP not starting in 12.3

Posted Mar 12, 2020 12:25 PM

Yes, the netarea was defined the same in both ini's.

• 8.  RE: WP not starting in 12.3

Posted Mar 19, 2020 12:37 PM
    I'm having the same problem as well and we are stuck at that step when upgrading our development environment.  I have a ticket open right now and waiting on a reply.
    For the ini files, I've tried both and no luck for me in that regard.

There is a potential bug with some versions of 11.2 that I read about, however, I'm hoping to work around this.

• 9.  RE: WP not starting in 12.3

Posted Mar 19, 2020 12:53 PM

I heard back from support this morning and they stated there was a bug within the 11.2.1 ZDU and suggested I cancel the ZDU upgrade and perform the upgrade manually.

Steve

• 10.  RE: WP not starting in 12.3

Posted Mar 19, 2020 01:06 PM
    That doesn't sound promising.  When I talked to support last week, we did talk about a potential bug, but there was no way to know if we would have been impacted by it.

• 11.  RE: WP not starting in 12.3

Posted Mar 19, 2020 01:16 PM

I've abandoned the ZDU and am attempting the manual upgrade.

• 12.  RE: WP not starting in 12.3

Posted Mar 20, 2020 08:34 AM
    So for us in the end, we had to cancel out of the ZDU and then finish the update manually.  There were then old entries in the DB stating that we were still in ZDU, so we needed support to resolve that part of the issue.
    We are on 12.3.1 now, but will be upgrading PROD using the manual method for sure.

• 13.  RE: WP not starting in 12.3
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 20, 2020 08:55 AM

The same for us. I completed the upgrade manually on test to 12.3. We will be doing prod manually also.

• 14.  RE: WP not starting in 12.3

Posted May 04, 2020 01:14 PM
    We have 2 AE's in our environment and are seeing this same error. This part of our INI is the same on both servers however - actually all lines are commented out in both files. 
    ;
    ; This value affects the CP selection of components such as agents. For more detailed information about this parameter, see chapter Net Areas in AE.
    ;
    ;netarea=
    ;

;
    ;
    ;netarea=
    ;

djw

• 15.  RE: WP not starting in 12.3

Posted May 04, 2020 01:53 PM

We were using the ZDU upgrade going from 11.2 to 12.3. Support stated there was a bug in the ZDU for this version. We had to back out of the ZDU and upgrade manually.

• 16.  RE: WP not starting in 12.3

Posted May 05, 2020 02:44 AM
    to you want to upgrade to v12.3.2? We got a similary issue. We tried to manually (without ZDU) upgrade to V12.3.2 on a system, where we tested ZDU 2 months ago. But it doesnt work - we got another error message for the JCP. (see thread https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=1435&MessageKey=6713c405-9d0f-49a4-9035-3d61d4df3a7f&CommunityKey=2e1b01c9-f310-4635-829f-aead2f6587c4&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2fenterprisesoftware%2fcommunities%2fcommunity-home%2fdigestviewer%3fcommunitykey%3d2e1b01c9-f310-4635-829f-aead2f6587c4%26tab%3ddigestviewer)

The Support told us also there is a ZDU bug

• 17.  RE: WP not starting in 12.3

Posted May 05, 2020 08:12 AM

We upgraded manually from 11.2 to 12.3.1 on our test system and so far everything seems fine. We are scheduled to upgrade production next week.

• 18.  RE: WP not starting in 12.3

Posted May 06, 2020 08:01 AM

We were using ZDU to upgrade from 12.1.5 to 12.2 so still an issue apparently.