Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Automic jobs kick off at wrong time day after Autumn DST change

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Automic jobs kick off at wrong time day after Autumn DST change

Posted 20 days ago
    Hello,

Please, be aware of the following potential issue during DST change for some old product versions:
    Automic jobs kick off at wrong time day after Autumn DST change

Note that it was fixed already 1 year ago, but just wanted to remind you in case you are still running an old version that does not include the fix.

Best regards,
    Lluis Domenech
    EMEA Lead for Automation Support
    CA Technologies – A Broadcom Company

• 2.  RE: Automic jobs kick off at wrong time day after Autumn DST change

Posted 17 days ago
    Has anyone that has already had their time change this past Sunday (Oct. 27th) experienced any issues with the fixed versions?

• 3.  RE: Automic jobs kick off at wrong time day after Autumn DST change
    Best Answer

Posted 17 days ago
    We're on 12.3, switched this weekend and I have not heard any reports about ​DST-related timing issues from the user base, no.

However, it's not guaranteed that there are jobs at 2am and that we'd even hear about any issues if there are some, so take that with a grain of salt.

Hth,

• 4.  RE: Automic jobs kick off at wrong time day after Autumn DST change

Posted 6 days ago
    Edited by Leon Carroll 6 days ago
    We have seen an issue where an event that fires every minute does not fire again for those minutes it has already fired for.  So the event stops between 2 and 3 the second time around.

This is 12.2 and should have last years fix applied for the Job Schedules

• 5.  RE: Automic jobs kick off at wrong time day after Autumn DST change

Posted 6 days ago
    I just went back and looked at an event that we have that runs every 15 minutes and saw that it didn't fire either during that "duplicate" time frame.  Anyone know if that is be design?  I haven't heard any complaints from my customers...yet.